What type of paper do you use for your direct mail letters?

What type of paper do you use for your direct mail letters?

Rental Property Investor · Excelsior, MN · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 4 votes

I may be overthinking things, but I’m preparing to do my first mailing and was wondering what type of paper is best/necessary for my letters. I plan to print a “personalized” letter (interchangeable name and address) and hand-sign the bottom of each letter in blue ink, and then handwrite the info on the envelope. I have the program set and my letter designed, so I’m moving on to ordering materials. I just want to make sure I get a paper that will hold up in the mail and won’t get beat up too bad, so the letter maintains its integrity and looks more legitimate. I also don’t want something that is so thick it isn’t practical. Do you folks have any recommendations for me?

Thanks!

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Mitchell Rusten

    Any common printer paper will work (20lb bond is typical). I highly recommend not using any kind of notebook paper or anything torn from a pad. It will terminally jam your printer quicker than anything.

  • Specialist · Member since 2019 · 494 posts · 220 votes
    5y

    I agree that you are sort of over thinking.... What type of lists are mailing to? Is it the same one everyone else is mailing to? (Absentee owners get a lot of offers). Consider working with a list broker to get good leads.

    What's in your letter? Are you talking about the benefits you bring to the table if they go with you? Fast cash isn't always foremost on their mind. Point out that they don't have to fix things, clean up or have a slew of strangers walking through their house.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.