Rental Property Investor · Laguna Niguel, CA · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 4 votes
Hi all - I just received a letter in the mail that TripleA dropped my rental property - not sure why as I have had no claims. I need one ASAP - any recommendations for the online versions like Steadily?
Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
1y
Happens all the time. Especially with condos and townhomes considered condos. Happened to me in Vegas and MN. They’re either leaving the market, or the property type. Try Allstate. They cover 12 for me.
Specialist · San Clemente, CA · Member since 2014 · 50 posts · 75 votes
1y
In you post it looks like you are wanting to go direct to the insurance carrier on line. I have multiple condo and multi-family rentals in Orange County and finally started going through a broker about 10 years ago. No problems since. If one carrier has an issue, they find another and the rates have been very reasonable.
Many carriers are tightening their underwriting guidelines right now as they work to get back to profitability. One way they’re doing this is by reviewing risk at a very granular level—down to individual ZIP codes—which is designed to reduce capacity in targeted areas. Unfortunately, this sometimes impacts insureds with no claims.
It isn’t about you personally; carriers are making broad, data-driven decisions across groups. That said, I’d be happy to help you explore alternatives. As independent agents licensed in most states, we can shop multiple carriers.