Deed in LLC, need new property insurance in NJ

Deed in LLC, need new property insurance in NJ

Rental Property Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes

The deeds are in my name and I'd like to move them to LLCs. My current insurance carrier, New Jersey Manufactures (NJM) will not insure an LLC though. Are there any recos for new insurance company that will insure LLCs? I'm located in New Jersey (NJ), specifically South Jersey outside Philadelphia.

1Reply
7 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Franklinville, NJ · Member since 2013 · 183 posts · 86 votes
    7y

    Sent you my insurance guys contact in dm.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Charlie Hampton Thx. I’ll reach out to him.

  • Insurance Agent · Norwalk, CT · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Chris,

    We use several different carriers in NJ.  Depends on proximity to the coast, age, fire protection, etc.  I would call to several independent agents and get quotes.  You may find the best market will differ for the different properties.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @John Mocker Thanks and makes sense. Do you have some carriers you can share?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.