Wholesaler · Prophet Homes · Member since 2026 · 34 posts · 16 votes
Being my first week as a Disposition Agent within Houston. Ive seen enough horror movies and walked a few properties and always wondered if there were any fun ghost stories or even squatters. Any of you have any unique stories to share? And did it affect the deal you were working on with your investors? Would love to hear them.
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
3mo
I had a deceased borrower show up to court to fight a foreclosure. When the attorney called me to tell me we did not get our motion for summary judgment because the defendant showed up, I said "that is interesting, never knew they could drag a deceased corpse into court", at that time the attorney just paused on the phone knowing they had been manipulated/played and were trying to figure out how to respond to me.
The person who was living showed up was the son and shared the same name. Lets just say my attorney had a lot of egg on their face.
I had a deceased borrower show up to court to fight a foreclosure. When the attorney called me to tell me we did not get our motion for summary judgment because the defendant showed up, I said "that is interesting, never knew they could drag a deceased corpse into court", at that time the attorney just paused on the phone knowing they had been manipulated/played and were trying to figure out how to respond to me.
The person who was living showed up was the son and shared the same name. Lets just say my attorney had a lot of egg on their face.
oh wow! He just decided he couldn't miss his court date I suppose," before I go let me take care of this..."