Managing tenants can be a real pain.
However, on this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast we sit down with a full time property manager to talk about the business of managing tenants – and discover ways to make it easier and more profitable for YOU.
Today Phil Dwyer from the Las Vegas area shares with us his story of becoming a real estate appraiser and transitioning to a successful property manager. In addition, we also discuss the best strategies for finding and managing the best property managers.
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
If you have any rental properties – or ever plan to – this is a “don’t miss” episode!
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
- Dealing with FHA buyers
- Where to buy – appreciating areas vs. declining areas
- Finding a great property manager
- Why Phil chose Vegas to build his business
- Getting started by working a job in real estate
- The most difficult part of investment property management?
- How to know if you are getting ripped off from your management company.
- The #1 best way to know how your tenant will act for you
- “What Would You Do” questions for Phil
- Red flags for tenants
- Dealing with pets in a rental
- Single family vs. Multifamily Investments
- What property management software Phil uses
- And so much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Show 61 on YouTube
- BP Podcast 007: Making Appraisals Work For You with Ryan Lundquist
- FHA Home Inspection Checklist
- Property Manager Interview Checklist
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Landlording on Autopilot by Mike Butler
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder