I Almost Peed Myself

I Almost Peed Myself

Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes

I want to give Joshua and Brandon a HUGE shout out and thank them for asking me to do a Podcast.... Podcast  #77

It was a ton of fun and they made it so easy that the conversation flowed, no pun intended. Although when I listened to the Podcast I was busting up with so much laughter I thought  that I was going to have an uncontrollable bodily function mishap...  Fortunately I made it through.

Thanks again guys....

3Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
12y

Been there myself in many REO properties that have been winterized :)

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2009 · 483 posts · 228 votes
    12y

    I haven't had a chance to catch that one but now I will have to check it out.

  • Chris K.Pro Member
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    12y

    Downloading now. I've been hoping you'd do one.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    12y

    Been there myself in many REO properties that have been winterized :)

  • Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 402 posts · 96 votes
    12y

    Just listened Michael, it was long overdue and you definitely delivered great content. Looking forward to the next one!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Russell Ponce 

    I had a blast and they guys made it feel so comfortable...  

  • Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 402 posts · 96 votes
    12y

    I'm fascinated with this idea of 'wholetaling' or whatever people want to call it. I know your formula by doing a little research but my question is how do you determine 'as is' value or can we modify the formula based on ARV? Can we buy at a rehabber's price (70% ARV minus repairs)? Or do we still need to negotiate a wholesaler's price?

    And finally, are there criteria that spoil this strategy like certain price points or the amount of repairs needed? I mean, it seems like we are servicing the sector of investors who built their business model around REOs on the MLS. Those properties were getting a dozen or more cash offers so why not 'wholetale' is what I want to know.

  • Investor · Hattiesburg, MS · Member since 2014 · 280 posts · 98 votes
    12y

    @Michael Quarles best way I can describe what you talked about is marketing, negotiating, and wholesaling on steroids!  Wow it motivated me to step up my game...

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Russell Ponce 

    If you ask this question on the podcast thread I will attempt to describe how I do it..

  • Hales Corners, WI · Member since 2013 · 229 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    I love podcast Thursdays!  You gave a great interview.  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Thank you.... I loved doing it....  The one besides Marketing that I would love to do is a round table discussion with Dev Jerry and myself.... 

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Great podcast. I would have thought you taught negotiations at Harvard Business School if I didn't know better.  Thanks for sharing your experience with us. 

  • Investor · Stockton, CA · Member since 2013 · 92 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    @Michael Quarles 

    Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Michael Quarles we had an awesome time as well, and people seem to really love this show. Definitely looking forward to having you on again soon to chat about Marketing. Also - the idea of a round table with Dev, you, and Jerry would be awesome. We'll have to work on that in the coming months and figure out the best way to make that happen!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.