• Walnut Creek, CA
Votes |
Hello, New user joining from the Bay Area

Sorab G.
  • Investor
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Posted Jan 24 2013, 10:33

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to investing and started my journey down this path early last year with thoughts of purchasing my first investment property. I have been looking at deals for a while and a LOT of offers last year to be outbid on most. I went into contract on a duplex and the lender took over 2 months to close so the seller backed out. Which turned out to be a good thing because shortly after that i found a quadplex that i went into contract on in Pittsburg. The seller was moving out of the state in retirement and purchasing properties closer to where he was moving and i talked to him about picking up another one as he owned 6 quadplexes on the same street. So decided to pick up 2 quadplexes. I didn’t negotiate much on the price of them as they were cash flowing in excess of 12% for cash on cash return.

Finally closed in december, a few days before Christmas (great christmas present).

So a proud new landlord looking forward to getting into another deal or two this year to expand my portfolio. I have a full time job so trying to supplement my income fully and grow a retirement portfolio.

I’ve been following these forums for only a few weeks now, wish I had started earlier, but some terrific information and I look forward to being part of this fantastic community.

So, just saying Hello to everyone!

Loading replies...