Real estate flipping video game

Real estate flipping video game

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Want to kill some time, while sharpening your real estate skills?

Try your hand at Mansion Impossible a nice little game where you really need sharp timing to buy and sell in order to get that dream mansion.

This game is really addictive!

Lets see how well you all do. . . Post your screenshot that includes how long it took for you to get that mansion.

0Reply
42 views

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dayton, OH · Member since 2008 · 517 posts · 17 votes
    20y

    I tried it a few times and so far my best is 12 years, 5 months.

    [URL=http://www.picshome.com/][/URL]

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    20y

    You beat me . . . 15 years / 7 months

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    20y

    I have to admit, my wife has become an addict and just surpassed my score. Although I don't have a screenshot, she crushed me and my ego by mounting an outstanding 14 Years 4 Months. Jedi is still the reigning champ, but she is determined to be the champ. . . look out!

  • Dayton, OH · Member since 2008 · 517 posts · 17 votes
    20y

    Some good generalized investing principles will help you succeed at this game...

    1. Stay fully invested.
    2. Time is a limited resource so don't take on more than you can handle.
    3. If you decide to go for a large number of deals, then aim for quick profits with huge turnover.
    4. If you want fewer deals then get the highest margins as possible.

    Very addictive indeed! I haven't played the game today, but if someone beats me then I will surely be back trying to beat the new champ.

  • Real Estate Investor · ND · Member since 2008 · 76 posts · 0 votes
    20y

    It's addicting, my first try was over 60 years, five games later, I'm at 17 years and 9 months. Thanks for passing on

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    20y

    Look out everyone! Looks like we have a tie!

    Congrats to my sweet lady for a tie for first place! :beer:

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    20y

    LOOKS LIKE WE'VE GOT A NEW CHAMPION - JULIE GWIN

    11 YEARS, 6 MONTHS
    That's My Girl!

  • Dayton, OH · Member since 2008 · 517 posts · 17 votes
    20y

    Maybe you ought to have her scouting deals for you in the real world :D

  • Member since 2008 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    20y

    Well, I managed to get 12 years 8 months, now only if real life were that easy :violin:

  • Rehabber · Glen Allen, VA · Member since 2008 · 45 posts · 28 votes
    20y

    thanks for the link

  • Member since 2008 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    20y

    Very addictive. I decided to play a game without buying the mansion. It teaches a great lesson. It takes me 15 years to make 10k for the mansion but in 30 years I had 40k. Thats making money work. If you save up enough and buy a house on every square of the board it breaks the game.

  • Member since 2008 · 36 posts · 0 votes
    20y

    Oh, no. I'm not going to get anything done this week, this game is great.

  • Member since 2008 · 99 posts · 0 votes
    20y

    sweeeeett!!!!!!!! i am trying now

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    I thought I'd revive this thread as I found myself playing a few minutes ago . . .

    Any other top score contenders?

  • Commercial Real Estate Agent · Encino - Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 123 posts · 11 votes
    17y

    Wow. I was thinking this morning as i was watching cnbc and they talked about how terrible real estate was and i thought back to rich dad poor dad and how he says nobody knows anything useful.

    I don't know if it's been done but i started browsing the web looking for games like this. This is a very basic idea but what about something really indepth

    Do you guys think a game (like the sims or a massive online game) about real estate investing could be useful? Something very detailed. I was thinking about having something similiar to a mock city like LA and there are different methods

    You have homes that have computer generated owners/situations.Also commercial building with computer generated tenants/lease situations. (where the owner will finance, sub2, whatever)

    You start with NO money.

    You can flip,rent, reposition, demolish and develope.

    Maybe do it online also so you're dealing with other real life people

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    Robert -
    I know of someone who built an investing simulator that is really good . . . we lost touch for some reason, but I'll see if I can find him. I think others would find the material to be quite useful - not cheap, as far as I remember, though.

  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    17y

    Maybe an electronic version of the cashflow 101 game?

    The flipping game is fun!! 18 years on 1st try, good times!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.