What does it take to achieve financial independence? Thousands of deals and a 100+ hour work-week hustle? Not according to today’s guest! Today we bring you an incredible interview with Sarah P. who just one year ago began her journey toward financial independence using rental properties — part-time! You’ll learn how Sarah is building a rental portfolio despite living in one of the most crowded, competitive markets in the world, as well as her best tips on overcoming obstacles, creative finance, and more. This show will not only give you miles of practical advice, it will leave you saying, “I can totally do that!”
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com/
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How she discovered financial literacy through Mr. Money Mustache
- How analyzing deals made her feel comfortable buying her first deal
- How to invest if you’re in an expensive market
- The details on her first deal
- How she chose her market
- Sarah’s thoughts on HOAs
- How she’s managing her properties
- How old her properties are
- How a Home Equity Line of Credit helped her land her first properties
- What her long-term goal as an investor is
- How Sarah finds her deals
- Some obstacles she’s encountered in her investing career
- What the 2 year rule is
- How many hours a week she works on her real estate
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- 8 Mile
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Mr Money Mustache
- BP Podcast 172: Breaking Into Apartment Investing with a 100-Unit First Deal with Jonathan Twombly
- BP Podcast 180: 58 Deals by Age Twenty-Three with Devan McClish
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
- The Book on No or Low Money Down by Brandon Turner
- Rich Dad’s Who Took My Money? by Robert Kiyosaki