Interested in buying over 100 units in two years’ time? Today’s guest did just that!
Collin Schwartz shares the amazing story of how he built an impressive portfolio on the foundation of direct mail and networking through meetups. You’ll learn how Collin utilized a clever twist on the BRRRR method to avoiding paying cash for properties (but still get back his down payment), how he uses balloon notes to do this, and how his highly targeted direct mail strategy led to it all being possible. Collin also shares how he runs meetups to find deals, what his criteria are for buying properties, and how he partners/leverages with others to make this incredible success possible over such a short period of time.
Collin also earns income managing properties—and even leverages that business to find deals too! If you want a solid game plan that will lead to impressive growth, this is an episode you don’t want to miss!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Sharestates is America’s private lender. We fund fix-and-flip, ground-up, term, and refinance projects nationwide across all asset classes: residential, multifamily, mixed-use, commercial and land. Sharestates offers high loan-to-value funding at competitive rates and quick closings. Broker and correspondent lending programs are offered as well.
Request a quote today, visit biggerpockets.com/sharestates
Deep Dive Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
If you go to SimpliSafe.com/biggerpockets you’ll get 25% off any new system. That’s an amazing deal.
They rarely do anything like this but they’re doing it just for us!
Fire Round Sponsor
Stessa makes it easy for both novice and sophisticated investors to drive operational efficiencies, maximize revenue, and improve overall portfolio performance. Just take a few minutes, add your properties, link your accounts, and everything updates in real-time. Stessa brings the institutional tools used by the pros to the everyday investor for free
Get your free tax guide here: www.stessa.com/biggerreturns
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Collin went from handwriting 191 letters to over 100 units in two years
- How he uses networking to find deals
- His direct mail strategy
- How he uses the BRRRR method and traditional financing
- His 50/50 partnership structure
- Tips for using RUBS to increase profit
- What criteria he looks for in properties
- How to run meetups to find deals
- Advice for using balloon notes to get into deals (and later refinancing)
- How to outsource paperwork and bookkeeping to others
- How he makes money managing his own properties
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Invoice America
- BiggerPockets Events
- BiggerPockets Podcast 234: Tenants, Evictions, & The Dark Side of No Money Down with Ryan Murdock
- BiggerPockets Jobs
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Who: The A Method for Hiring by Geoff Smart and Randy Street
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- Multi-Family Millions by David Lindahl
- Emerging Real Estate Markets by David Lindahl
- Shoe Dog by Phil Knight