Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
1.Treat others with more grace.
2. Correct my kids less and not make a big deal over small things.
in all reality, going back in time machines has proven to be an exercise in imagination. There’s lots of things I would’ve done differently, but most of them are NOT real estate related.
Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 13 votes
3y
Hey @David Lund,
I would definitely say,
-If you wait forever for the perfect time or opportunity, then you will be stuck waiting forever
- Don't mistaken movement for progress
- Be careful who you get into business with. You may not have to do everything alone but be sure your as certain of your partners as you are your spouse. Business can be messier than marriage
Professional · Rancho Santa Fe, CA · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 39 votes
3y
I would have Focused much more intently on the Art and Science of Sales. I wasted a great deal of time and money on busy work. Basically doing things that that did not produce Income immediately. Once I understood the art and science of persuasion everything changed for me. I only wish I learned it earlier and I got started when I was 26:-)
Property Manager · Member since 2022 · 196 posts · 125 votes
3y
Focus. Focus on the mission at hand. You can do anything you want to in life, but you cannot do everything.
Go all in. Don't treat REI as a casual thing. Seriously pursue it. Commit to the going down that path and never look back.
Set goals. Write down goals down and review them. Only choose from 3-5 of your most important goals. Make them this years mission. Break them down into chunks. Take small steps everyday towards the achievement of them.
Look up the Power List in Ep. 16 from the RealAF Podcast with Andy Frisella. Implement this tool daily.
Get into a deal as fast as you can. Don't make a bad decision or anything, but you need to get a taste of the game. A piece of the action. Then just try to get another one.