Business Plan Outline

47 Replies

Just an outstanding and succinct article from Ryan. Thanks for posting it Josh.

Fantastic outline! If you are a newbie, you gotta take a look at this!

Great article. I have just sent a link to this to several of my board members.

Thank you.

Outstanding article..... Thanks

Very good advice from Ryan.

Thanks for the information. It puts it all in perspective.

Hi Josh & Ryan,
Thank you very much for sharing. Short, Sweet & Simple!!

Toni

That was a great refresher Josh! Thanks for the post.

Great outline. Summary, company description, products/services, strategy, financial analysis. Like the way it has been described. A very helpful tip for people thinking of starting a business.

I am working on my business plan right now.
Thanks for the article link.

I also have downloaded the bigger pockets beginners guides. The guide is awesome and a easy read which is nice.

Thanks @Joshua Dorkin

Hi fellow big pocketers,

I love this website, it provides so much answer to my questions.

@Joshua Dorkin your creation is amazing!

My BP matches this pretty well. Question on the Market stuff. I have a "Marketing Plan" but honestly I don't want to presuppose what markets I will be in, so I did a case study as an example of how I would perform market research. Does the group think this is acceptable?

Thanks,

Jared

Originally posted by Jared Foster:
My BP matches this pretty well. Question on the Market stuff. I have a "Marketing Plan" but honestly I don't want to presuppose what markets I will be in, so I did a case study as an example of how I would perform market research. Does the group think this is acceptable?
Thanks,

Jared

I think that sounds reasonable if you have not decided what markets to focus on yet. I would probably update it with more specifics once you have a concrete idea of where you will be.

Awesome post, Excellent resource for a newbie like me..

@Joshua Dorkin ...Thanks

Thank you!!! Working on one right now

This post has been removed.

This is exactly what I've been looking for... Thank you for sharing! 

Excellent! This is exactly what I've been scouring the internet for.  Thanks. 

wow what a great article and thank you for sharing Josh.  I have never created a business plan and I have always debated on if it is worth the time spent.  Now that I am truly researching them and the benefits of spending the time to create one I will be doing it for sure.

Exactly the concise outline I wanted to check my draft against. Thanks for the article!

With the help of this article and The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing, my wife and I are developing our business plan. Thanks!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here