Flipper/Rehabber · Easton, PA · Member since 2013 · 224 posts · 36 votes
I want to find the best place to get probate leads. One local wholesaler said he went through the obituaries and mailed to family members a few weeks after the notice. I am not sure how effective that would be? Is there a place to get lists of people handling the estates of people recently deceased?
What do you typically say in a first contact letter? Do you acknowledge the death or make it more general?
Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 608 posts · 163 votes
13y
Go to Resources (blue menu bar)>file Place>Letters and there is a sample probate letter there.
There are varied opinions on if you should mention the death or not. I personally dont think there is a right or wrong answer; rather, the answer is what works best for you and your market. Test and tweek as you go along. Search @Sharon Vornholt for lots of good tips on direct mail for probate.