I have over 200K in equity! How do I put that $$$ to work???

I have over 200K in equity! How do I put that $$$ to work???

New to Real Estate · San Diego California · Member since 2022 · 19 posts · 10 votes

Hello everyone, my name is Jake. I am active duty Navy and live in San Diego, CA. I was fortunate enough to buy a home in SD California in February of 2020. I purchased a 3/2 SFH for 490k and the Zestimate is currently 715k. I would like to put this money into action to acquire some wealth building assets. Based on the recommendation of a friend/mentor, I recently read Long Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene and I am just about finished with the BRRRR book also written by David Greene. I am absolutely hooked on this BRRRR Idea and would love to get into a BRRRR situation in Deltona/Deland/Sanford area of FL. My father lives in FL and I think I would like to get a property there because it will give me peace of mind to know that I had someone in the area of my first investment property. I appreciate any advice from all of you and I look forward to your responses. Thank you!

0Reply
24 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Raymond J. RodriguesBusiness Member
    Lender · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 797 votes
    4y

    Hi @Jake Rodriguez! @Valentina Calla is a realtor in the areas that you have mentioned and can help guide you in the right direction with your long distance real estate investment needs! I hope this recommendation helps! 

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jake Rodriguez:

    Hello everyone, my name is Jake. I am active duty Navy and live in San Diego, CA. I was fortunate enough to buy a home in SD California in February of 2020. I purchased a 3/2 SFH for 490k and the Zestimate is currently 715k. I would like to put this money into action to acquire some wealth building assets. Based on the recommendation of a friend/mentor, I recently read Long Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene and I am just about finished with the BRRRR book also written by David Greene. I am absolutely hooked on this BRRRR Idea and would love to get into a BRRRR situation in Deltona/Deland/Sanford area of FL. My father lives in FL and I think I would like to get a property there because it will give me peace of mind to know that I had someone in the area of my first investment property. I appreciate any advice from all of you and I look forward to your responses. Thank you!


    You can apply for a line of credit against the equity. A bank can qualify you for up to 80% of the equity. It's essentially like a credit card in that you can spend it on anything you want and you only pay interest on the amount borrowed. I personally only use a line of credit when I need a large chunk of cash quickly and can pay it back in less than 12 months.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • New to Real Estate · San Diego California · Member since 2022 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Nathan Gesner:
    Quote from @Jake Rodriguez:

    Hello everyone, my name is Jake. I am active duty Navy and live in San Diego, CA. I was fortunate enough to buy a home in SD California in February of 2020. I purchased a 3/2 SFH for 490k and the Zestimate is currently 715k. I would like to put this money into action to acquire some wealth building assets. Based on the recommendation of a friend/mentor, I recently read Long Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene and I am just about finished with the BRRRR book also written by David Greene. I am absolutely hooked on this BRRRR Idea and would love to get into a BRRRR situation in Deltona/Deland/Sanford area of FL. My father lives in FL and I think I would like to get a property there because it will give me peace of mind to know that I had someone in the area of my first investment property. I appreciate any advice from all of you and I look forward to your responses. Thank you!


    You can apply for a line of credit against the equity. A bank can qualify you for up to 80% of the equity. It's essentially like a credit card in that you can spend it on anything you want and you only pay interest on the amount borrowed. I personally only use a line of credit when I need a large chunk of cash quickly and can pay it back in less than 12 months.


    Thank you so much. If I am successful with my BRRRR it will be much quicker than 12 months.

  • New to Real Estate · San Diego California · Member since 2022 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Raymond J. Rodrigues:

    Hi @Jake Rodriguez! @Valentina Calla is a realtor in the areas that you have mentioned and can help guide you in the right direction with your long distance real estate investment needs! I hope this recommendation helps! 


     Thank you so much! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.