Huntsville, AL: Market insights?

Huntsville, AL: Market insights?

Member since 2022 · 25 posts · 11 votes

I have been watching the market trends here closely. It seems like the 20% year to year appreciation that we have seen here in this area year after year may not be possible between now and next year- I am thinking maybe 10% between now and September of 2023 is more realistic?

Housing supply is still very low- I have not seen price reductions affect too many properties in the 200-250 K range in Madison which is my preferred area. However, I am seeing price reductions affect properties in the 300K and higher category.

I have found the "sweet spot" to be right around 250K right now in Madison- The only strategy that seems to make sense for me in this market is to buy a property in a desirable area of Madison that needs minor repairs, fix it up and try to force appreciation on top of natural market appreciation which will continue to be driven by high demand and low supply.

If anybody has been successful in this market doing anything else, please share?

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 577 posts · 864 votes
4y

@Luke Ache - we actually just closed on a property in Madison near Dublin park for a little over $250k. First purchase in a while - found one that the numbers worked AND our offer was accepted. Actually bought it off the MLS. So there are a few opportunities here and there that fit your criteria.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John WilliamsBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2018 · 443 posts · 210 votes
    4y

    I'm seeing very similar trends in my market (with essentially the same price points). I believe your strategy will still work in the changing market. By sticking towards the lower end of the price range and remaining in desirable areas, flipping is still a viable strategy. 

    On the flip side, at the $300k+ price points, there will be new opportunities opening up as the higher end of the market shifts to favor buyers. Creative financing strategies will be more effective at these price points!

    Rent My Home - Property Management4.8209 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 298 posts · 222 votes
    4y

    @Luke Ache

    I feel the same way. There might be some slow down which I think is healthy and necessary to curb the irrationality that we had seen in the last year or so.

    I think buying in a good area with long term growth is a safe bet.

  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 577 posts · 864 votes
    4y

    @Luke Ache - we actually just closed on a property in Madison near Dublin park for a little over $250k. First purchase in a while - found one that the numbers worked AND our offer was accepted. Actually bought it off the MLS. So there are a few opportunities here and there that fit your criteria.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.