User Stats

Votes
Steve Uekert
Votes |
Commercial Real Estate as a Rookie?

Steve Uekert
Posted Dec 20 2022, 11:27

Hello everyone!

As I continue to absorb as much information as I can, I find myself with more questions than answers (which is normal I guess). I also find myself trying to narrow my focus down a bit to a specific type of investing that I might want to begin with as we get closer to starting our real estate adventure.

As I've shifted from STR's, to LTR's and now more recently into multi-family investments, I've begun thinking about commercial. Just to be transparent, I've just started looking into commercial, so I know almost nothing yet (but trying to learn and read as much as I can).

I know commercial properties tend to have a higher possibility of greater cash flow, but also seem to cost significantly more to get into.

Which got me thinking, if a person wanted to begin the foray into commercial investing, what are some of the options you'd look at that seem to have a lower barrier to entry (obviously this is subjective)?

Small office buildings? Hotels? Retail space? Etc.

Or, is commercial real estate something a rookie should avoid?

Sorry for all the high level questions, I'm just looking to starting filling in the blanks of everything I don't know. Once I know a bit more of what I don't know, then I'll know more questions to ask LOL. 

Thank you all very much for any insight you're willing to share!

Steve

Loading replies...