Hey BP! New Investor in Philly seeking advice

Hey BP! New Investor in Philly seeking advice

New to Real Estate · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 9 votes

Hey BiggerPockets Community,


I'm a new investor in Philadelphia looking to get started with my first Multifamily deal. After plenty of time spent reading, researching, and listening to BP podcasts, I'm ready to take the next step to find my agent and lender and start networking in the community!

If you have any recommendations for agents and lenders in the area or if you would just like to connect and chat please reach out.

Looking forward to starting my REI journey and finding the first of (hopefully) many deals!

Thanks,

Jack



6Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Denver · Member since 2021 · 28 posts · 59 votes
3y
Quote from @Jack Dahill:

Hey BiggerPockets Community,


I'm a new investor in Philadelphia looking to get started with my first Multifamily deal. After plenty of time spent reading, researching, and listening to BP podcasts, I'm ready to take the next step to find my agent and lender and start networking in the community!

If you have any recommendations for agents and lenders in the area or if you would just like to connect and chat please reach out.

Looking forward to starting my REI journey and finding the first of (hopefully) many deals!

Thanks,

Jack



 Hey Jack, this is a great place to start your search! So many agents and lenders on here are eager to help. A great person for you to reach out to for a local Philly agent might be @Sheldon Zimmerman

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mark MunsonBusiness Member
    Lender · Orlando, FL · Member since 2022 · 440 posts · 300 votes
    3y

    Welcome @Jack Dahill

        I'm happy to connect you to a few financing options in the area, it'll really depend on whether you are looking at 2-4 unit properties or MF 5+ units, as they are different (residential vs commercial). Feel free to message me and best of luck!

  • Kevin PaulkPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 219 posts · 174 votes
    3y

    @Jack Dahill Welcome! and congrats on deciding to invest in the philly market. In addition to the recommendations you will receive on the platform, I would get out there and start networking. Attend as many networking events as you can. You'll come across some great resources!

    Best of luck,

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 618 posts · 430 votes
    3y


    May be able to connect you with lenders/agents but would need to clarify how many units you are talking when you say multifamily. 

  • Denver · Member since 2021 · 28 posts · 59 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jack Dahill:

    Hey BiggerPockets Community,


    I'm a new investor in Philadelphia looking to get started with my first Multifamily deal. After plenty of time spent reading, researching, and listening to BP podcasts, I'm ready to take the next step to find my agent and lender and start networking in the community!

    If you have any recommendations for agents and lenders in the area or if you would just like to connect and chat please reach out.

    Looking forward to starting my REI journey and finding the first of (hopefully) many deals!

    Thanks,

    Jack



     Hey Jack, this is a great place to start your search! So many agents and lenders on here are eager to help. A great person for you to reach out to for a local Philly agent might be @Sheldon Zimmerman

  • New to Real Estate · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 9 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Eric Greenberg:


    May be able to connect you with lenders/agents but would need to clarify how many units you are talking when you say multifamily. 


    Thank you all for your responses! I should have clarified *small multifamily (most likely a 2 unit duplex).
  • Sheldon ZimmermanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Lancaster, PA · Member since 2018 · 63 posts · 59 votes
    3y

    Thank you @Account Closed for the referral. We would be honored to help you, Jack. Give me a call and let's get you a great cash-flowing property. 

  • Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    Welcome to the fun of investing. I would suggest for a lender for everything Real estate, would be a business LOC. No limitations or % down just $'s with great rates and great terms.

  • Contractor · Chadds Ford, PA · Member since 2015 · 567 posts · 460 votes
    3y

    @Jimmy Lynn is you guy for lending! 

  • Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    hello, congrats on taking the first steps toward achieving your real estate goals! I'm a Philadelphia agent who works with investors on a daily basis, and I'm here to help!

  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2023 · 81 posts · 40 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jack Dahill:

    Hey BiggerPockets Community,


    I'm a new investor in Philadelphia looking to get started with my first Multifamily deal. After plenty of time spent reading, researching, and listening to BP podcasts, I'm ready to take the next step to find my agent and lender and start networking in the community!

    If you have any recommendations for agents and lenders in the area or if you would just like to connect and chat please reach out.

    Looking forward to starting my REI journey and finding the first of (hopefully) many deals!

    Thanks,

    Jack



     Hi Jack, 

    Welcome to the world of REI and the BP community! Like @Account Closed mentioned. They are the place to be to meet other investors, agents, lenders, etc. in the area. Finding good people to have on your team is essential to successful investments. 

    I know you might be well on your way now, but if you are still looking around for agents, I am an acquisitions specialist and agent and I would love to help you build your investment portfolio and start cash-flowing. Let's connect!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.