Looking to Connect - Local Investors, Agents, Property Managers

Looking to Connect - Local Investors, Agents, Property Managers

New to Real Estate · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 9 votes

Hi! I'm based out of Jersey City and have spent the last two years trying to find a deal that would align with my goals. I'm hoping to start off with multi-family properties and then move on to commercial. I really wanted to house hack, however the prices are either really high, needs A LOT of rehab or it is just too far from my work. I've decided to take a step back and accept that at this moment house hacking won't work in my location. 

I heard that there's a lot of great opportunities in Ohio for multifamily properties so I'm looking to take a trip at the end of the month. I would love to connect with local investors, agents, and property managers while I'm there. Also if anyone has some things to consider when investing in Ohio, please feel free to let me know. 

10Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 292 posts · 364 votes
3y
Quote from @Joyce Romero:

Hi! I'm based out of Jersey City and have spent the last two years trying to find a deal that would align with my goals. I'm hoping to start off with multi-family properties and then move on to commercial. I really wanted to house hack, however the prices are either really high, needs A LOT of rehab or it is just too far from my work. I've decided to take a step back and accept that at this moment house hacking won't work in my location. 

I heard that there's a lot of great opportunities in Ohio for multifamily properties so I'm looking to take a trip at the end of the month. I would love to connect with local investors, agents, and property managers while I'm there. Also if anyone has some things to consider when investing in Ohio, please feel free to let me know. 


Hi Joyce! It's fantastic to hear that you're interested in exploring multifamily property opportunities in Ohio. The state does indeed offer a wealth of great investment prospects. Feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions or if there's any other assistance I can provide you with. Safe travels, and I look forward to helping you navigate the Ohio real estate market!



See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 292 posts · 364 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joyce Romero:

    Hi! I'm based out of Jersey City and have spent the last two years trying to find a deal that would align with my goals. I'm hoping to start off with multi-family properties and then move on to commercial. I really wanted to house hack, however the prices are either really high, needs A LOT of rehab or it is just too far from my work. I've decided to take a step back and accept that at this moment house hacking won't work in my location. 

    I heard that there's a lot of great opportunities in Ohio for multifamily properties so I'm looking to take a trip at the end of the month. I would love to connect with local investors, agents, and property managers while I'm there. Also if anyone has some things to consider when investing in Ohio, please feel free to let me know. 


    Hi Joyce! It's fantastic to hear that you're interested in exploring multifamily property opportunities in Ohio. The state does indeed offer a wealth of great investment prospects. Feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions or if there's any other assistance I can provide you with. Safe travels, and I look forward to helping you navigate the Ohio real estate market!



  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joyce Romero:

    Hi! I'm based out of Jersey City and have spent the last two years trying to find a deal that would align with my goals. I'm hoping to start off with multi-family properties and then move on to commercial. I really wanted to house hack, however the prices are either really high, needs A LOT of rehab or it is just too far from my work. I've decided to take a step back and accept that at this moment house hacking won't work in my location. 

    I heard that there's a lot of great opportunities in Ohio for multifamily properties so I'm looking to take a trip at the end of the month. I would love to connect with local investors, agents, and property managers while I'm there. Also if anyone has some things to consider when investing in Ohio, please feel free to let me know. 

    Hi Joyce, as someone whose from Portland, Oregon and decided to move to the Midwest to become a full time real estate investor, I can tell you that there's no perfect deal. If a deal is "good" then you should buy! Time in market is way more important than timing the market. With that being said, I personally love Columbus Ohio and as someone who works with a lot of out of state investors - there's so many catalysts for why you should invest here. Specifically, there's job growth (Intel, Honda, Amazon, Nationwide, etc) and the population is growing (unlike Cleveland or Cincy). I really see Columbus Ohio as an extremely safe bet for the next 10-20 years. Plus, there's still so many positive cash flowing and 1% deals here in Columbus Ohio. Just a few weeks ago, I helped a client close on a deal getting them 20% cash on cash return. As a local investor and agent here in Columbus, let me know if you have any questions or want to connect!

  • Min ZhangBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joyce Romero:

    Hi! I'm based out of Jersey City and have spent the last two years trying to find a deal that would align with my goals. I'm hoping to start off with multi-family properties and then move on to commercial. I really wanted to house hack, however the prices are either really high, needs A LOT of rehab or it is just too far from my work. I've decided to take a step back and accept that at this moment house hacking won't work in my location. 

    I heard that there's a lot of great opportunities in Ohio for multifamily properties so I'm looking to take a trip at the end of the month. I would love to connect with local investors, agents, and property managers while I'm there. Also if anyone has some things to consider when investing in Ohio, please feel free to let me know. 

    Hello Joyce! Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    It's good to hear that you considering investing in Ohio. Ohio has affordable market in the east coast with thriving economy and home. I would actually consider investing with bare minimum of 1% rule and has a relatively low home prices compared to other states in the US which makes it an attractive destination for investors who gets a good return on their investment. Columbus, Ohio actually offers attractive tax incentives and a strong rental market.

    if this message finds you interested to invest in Ohio, please feel free to reach out to me anytime. Best of luck! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 135 posts · 160 votes
    3y

    @Joyce Romero Cleveland and Columbus are great markets to look at, Cleveland being great for cash flow and Columbus a combo of some cash flow and appreciation. Let me know if you want to check anything out here!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joyce Romero:

    Hi! I'm based out of Jersey City and have spent the last two years trying to find a deal that would align with my goals. I'm hoping to start off with multi-family properties and then move on to commercial. I really wanted to house hack, however the prices are either really high, needs A LOT of rehab or it is just too far from my work. I've decided to take a step back and accept that at this moment house hacking won't work in my location. 

    I heard that there's a lot of great opportunities in Ohio for multifamily properties so I'm looking to take a trip at the end of the month. I would love to connect with local investors, agents, and property managers while I'm there. Also if anyone has some things to consider when investing in Ohio, please feel free to let me know. 


     If you are cash you do not need a realtor, all the deals are off market. All you need to do  ( if you are cash ) is connect with those doing deals, allow them to handle all for you. I know dozens and dozens of investors that live out of state and country that never have been to Cleveland but yet buy rentals, 

    All the best

  • Realtor · Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio · Member since 2022 · 849 posts · 830 votes
    3y

    Make sure to build out your team before you buy! I like this https://www.biggerpockets.com/... article by david green that explains the importance of the team and what it should look like

  • Alfath AhmedBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joyce Romero:

    Hi! I'm based out of Jersey City and have spent the last two years trying to find a deal that would align with my goals. I'm hoping to start off with multi-family properties and then move on to commercial. I really wanted to house hack, however the prices are either really high, needs A LOT of rehab or it is just too far from my work. I've decided to take a step back and accept that at this moment house hacking won't work in my location. 

    I heard that there's a lot of great opportunities in Ohio for multifamily properties so I'm looking to take a trip at the end of the month. I would love to connect with local investors, agents, and property managers while I'm there. Also if anyone has some things to consider when investing in Ohio, please feel free to let me know. 



    The Columbus market is great for real estate investors to get started. There are areas that I recommend in the Columbus market that I personally invest in like Old North, Old Town East/King Lincoln Bronze Ville, Merion Village, Driving Park, North Linden, Hungarian Village, Bexley, and North Hilltop. These are all great areas that you can buy investment properties in and let your net worth skyrocket.

    These are all areas within the Columbus market that is next to an economic base. They are surrounded by economic development which is causing a good increase in population and rent growth.

    Let me know if you need information on the Columbus market or just want to simply hop on a call and discuss.




  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joyce Romero:

    Hi! I'm based out of Jersey City and have spent the last two years trying to find a deal that would align with my goals. I'm hoping to start off with multi-family properties and then move on to commercial. I really wanted to house hack, however the prices are either really high, needs A LOT of rehab or it is just too far from my work. I've decided to take a step back and accept that at this moment house hacking won't work in my location. 

    I heard that there's a lot of great opportunities in Ohio for multifamily properties so I'm looking to take a trip at the end of the month. I would love to connect with local investors, agents, and property managers while I'm there. Also if anyone has some things to consider when investing in Ohio, please feel free to let me know. 


     If you are a cash buyer, I am more than happy to refer you to the team I have been using for 10 years, they handle everything. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 227 posts · 133 votes
    3y
    Hey Joyce, it's great to meet you!  Cleveland is definitely a great market for multi-family properties, whether you're looking to buy and hold, or do some BRRRR.  I think it's very important to have an expert Realtor / Broker on your team that can help you understand the best areas to invest in, as well as the areas you want to stay away from.  It can be tricky, especially on the east side, where they have A- communities streets away from D and F neighborhoods, so working with someone who has done 100s of deals in that area can really be beneficial to you, regardless whether you're buying cash or financing, in my opinion.  
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joyce Romero:

    Hi! I'm based out of Jersey City and have spent the last two years trying to find a deal that would align with my goals. I'm hoping to start off with multi-family properties and then move on to commercial. I really wanted to house hack, however the prices are either really high, needs A LOT of rehab or it is just too far from my work. I've decided to take a step back and accept that at this moment house hacking won't work in my location. 

    I heard that there's a lot of great opportunities in Ohio for multifamily properties so I'm looking to take a trip at the end of the month. I would love to connect with local investors, agents, and property managers while I'm there. Also if anyone has some things to consider when investing in Ohio, please feel free to let me know. 


     Welcome aboard Joyce.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.