Any Real Estate Networking Events in Killeen ?

Any Real Estate Networking Events in Killeen ?

New to Real Estate · Killeen, TX · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 12 votes

Hello, all!

My husband and I moved here about eight months ago (active duty at Fort Cavazos AKA Fort Hood) and we are eager to start investing in our first rental property.  I'll be completely honest - I've fallen into the upsetting statistic of "I don't know where to start..."  but I am ready to break out of that fear and make moves.  I don't want to say, "We'll start next year," but instead, "We started a year ago, and are seeing progress!"

As we are essentially "newbies" in this and in the city, can anyone help a gal out with sharing networking opportunities with other investors so we can start on something great?  There used to be a lot of in-person meetings/conferences to meet with local investors, etc. in New Orleans a few years ago - anything similar here?

Man, I miss this platform.  Open to hearing you guys out!  Thanks!

2Reply
60 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
3y

There is one held once a month called "Fort Hood Real Estate Investors". You can find the meetup on Facebook. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    There is one held once a month called "Fort Hood Real Estate Investors". You can find the meetup on Facebook. 

  • New to Real Estate · Killeen, TX · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 12 votes
    3y

    Perfect! Thank you, Elliott. I'll join their group and hopefully attend a meetup soon.  Is there any happening in Austin?

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kristiana Kenny:

    Go to BUILD YOUR TEAM at the top of your screen and you can search for other MEMBERS or LOCAL MEETUPS. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Harker Heights, TX · Member since 2018 · 212 posts · 182 votes
    3y

    Hi @Kristiana Kenny! Welcome to the Great Place! I know there used to be a meetup that was regularly advertised here on BP, but I have not seen anything in a while. I was talking with a friend just last week about getting involved in a meetup. I helped start one a few years ago when I was stationed in KY. If you find any meetings that are currently scheduled, please let me know (no need to reinvent the wheel). Otherwise, it might be time to start a new one! 

  • New to Real Estate · Killeen, TX · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 12 votes
    3y

    @Allan Bishop Jr.  Thank you! I've got a few years here and want to make it worth my while.  Taking part of a meeting would be ideal; I'd love to network with local investors and potentially start up on an investment. With your experience, what does it take to start one up on base?

  • Rental Property Investor · Harker Heights, TX · Member since 2018 · 212 posts · 182 votes
    3y

    @Kristiana Kenny - really all it takes is an individual or team willing to coordinate a meeting. I’ll send you a message. Maybe next week you, your husband, and I can meet up to talk through the options.

  • New to Real Estate · Killeen, TX · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 12 votes
    3y

    Perhaps we can try something towards the end of July? I won’t be in the area for the rest of the month. I’ll keep an eye out for your message!

  • Taylor DaschBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Temple, TX · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 700 votes
    5mo

    Networking — seconding FHREI (Fort Hood Real Estate Investors), monthly, real deal. Central Texas REI runs a Killeen meetup most 3rd Thursdays too. People are the value at both, drive is worth it. Since you're BAH-powered on your first deal, three numbers worth having:

    - E-5 w/deps BAH at MHA TX286 = $1,695/mo (your built-in rent floor)

    - 3BR rental median in 76513 (Harker Heights / Killeen ISD corridor): $1,800 on 1.82% combined tax

    - Same in 76504 (older Temple, 30 min north): $1,495 on 2.25% combined tax.

     Harker Heights 3BR under $200K is the cleanest BAH-to-cashflow pairing in the Bell County corridor right now. Killeen proper is similar on cashflow but cheaper entry.
    On the "rough patches" warnings you'll see in other threads — it's very neighborhood-specific, not a whole-city thing. Ask locally before you rule anything out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.