Aspiring Investor: I need help picking a city

Aspiring Investor: I need help picking a city

Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 10 votes

I’m looking to buy my first rental property. I have about $45K to use. What’s a good city to deal search in and do you have an agent that you would recommend?

I'm active duty military and am not opposed to out of state investing.  I've looked around online at cities like Cleveland, El Paso, and Montgomery but have not seen any obvious deals.  I just want to narrow down my search to a good neighborhood and fully commit to buying my first property.

6Reply
79 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
3y

Invest in the market you live in. $45,000 can get you into a flip in San Antonio.

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 10 votes
    3y

    To everyone who posted,

    Thank you!  I was apprehensive of even doing this first post but the community response has been amazing and welcoming.  

    As people try to vector me, there’s a lot of choices to consider.

    My current leanings are SFH and long term rental. I'm looking to buy and hold for my first so minimal cash flow is fine since I'm counting on debt pay down and small appreciation. I'm not looking for a home run deal but a base hit to get some momentum.

    Even waiting to turn my primary residence into a rental in 3 years seems appealing.


  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    @Michael Estacion you're in a great city! Stay in your back yard, it makes things much easier

  • Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    A great city is Pittsburgh PA. Low purchase price for quality properties that cash flow really well. 

  • Alan AsriantsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Hey Michael, what about your home state of Texas? I hear Texas is affordable to get into and landlord friendly. Your backyard is usually the best place to start

    Alan Asriants - New Century Real Estate 591 Reviews
    View Page
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.