Questions for a Real Estate Investor GURU!

Questions for a Real Estate Investor GURU!

Property Manager · Montpelier, VT · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 0 votes

I need help! I'm going out to dinner with someone who's been in property investment for a very long time. He created a large company and he owns more commercial properties than one could ever dream. His goal is to hear my insights and also answer any questions about the history, philosophy, business practices, and futures plans, etc.

What sort of specific questions should I ask, because I want to get as much as possible out of this opportunity? Rather then just asking, "when did you buy your first property", I would prefer to ask, "what financial instruments did you use to purchase your first property". More or less I want to know the specifics, but do not know all the specifics to ask them. All the help is appreciated!

0Reply
14 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Account Closed

    Be yourself and don't over think too much.

    You can start off with basic chit chat and the conversation should kick start from there. Don't be afraid to ask any questions that's on your mind.

    If I ever meet a person of high importance I always try to just be myself and act as if I am speaking with a good friend.

    If its meant to be its meant to be and everything should click.

    Enjoy the moment as I would love to be in your shoes picking someones brain like that :)

  • Real Estate Broker · Mount Olive, IL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 310 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed Ask his investing strategies. If you don't understand something, don't pretend, let him know you don't know what that means.

    You need to focus in one area. Don't try to achevieve everything in one day.

  • Wholesaler · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 401 votes
    12y

    One of my first questions would be what are you investing in right now and why? And why is that better than some of your other options.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.