Accountant · Bryn Mawr, PA · Member since 2023 · 409 posts · 321 votes
2y
The best operators in this space use unconventional tactics please be careful if you implement any of them this work is tedious and time consuming besides all the other background research you will perform. I hope your county has an in person auction my local area has going online and that has dramatically changed the landscape.
The best operators in this space use unconventional tactics please be careful if you implement any of them this work is tedious and time consuming besides all the other background research you will perform. I hope your county has an in person auction my local area has going online and that has dramatically changed the landscape.
Mine is online too. So it sounds like a driveby is the only way. I definitely would need to know what municipal tax liens and occupancy status. Florida is a landlord state so eviction is easier just dont want to deal with that.
The best operators in this space use unconventional tactics please be careful if you implement any of them this work is tedious and time consuming besides all the other background research you will perform. I hope your county has an in person auction my local area has going online and that has dramatically changed the landscape.
Nothing stopping anyone from going up and knocking on the door unless there is some big no tresspass sign or some nasty dogs . Door knocking is how we did all our pre foreclosure work trustee or tax sales.
you can check the mail box you can look at the electric meter to see if its spinning..
if it looks abandoned you can peek in the windows.
As Mr. Bock is mentioning most pro's at this will if they determine the house is unoccupied they will find a way to get in. Its a small risk but it happens everyday.. have to watch for squatters though.
I had a guy that would bring me deals he was quite slight in stature and he could many times get in the doggie doors :) but I have also had clients of mine bust in and end up getting arrested and that was not good.. For me personally if its abandoned I am going to check all doors I would not break anything but if there was something open I would go in. this is me personally of course not saying others should do it.. We were one of the top buyers in our pDX market and sometimes some of the team would get in the house then lock it tight so competition could not get in . Kind of the wild west as it were.