Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 1 vote
Hello all! I’m seeking to connect with SoCal investors. I’m currently an investor based out of the Los Angeles County area and would be great to network as well as offer any help or share any deals that I may come across.
The Kansas market is pretty good. Kansas is a landlord friendly state, but not as friendly as the ones that always make the top ten list.
The downside to the market is that everything (not literally, but it feels like it) is 100+ years old. It's neat from a historic view, but a headache from an investor view. Most houses around here need to be demo'd and something modern put in it's place.
I'm not really a fan of all the apartments that replace the old houses. I wish it were new houses, or that the apartments were built to look like old houses. Something that kept the arcitechtural style.
Still, as an investor, I get it. It's cheaper to put up a square box and at the end of the day it rents for the same amount.
Also, finding a local agent (or two) here on BP is also a good way to meet more investors. I'm in the Kansas area and my local agent does a monthly group meeting with investors.
The Kansas market is pretty good. Kansas is a landlord friendly state, but not as friendly as the ones that always make the top ten list.
The downside to the market is that everything (not literally, but it feels like it) is 100+ years old. It's neat from a historic view, but a headache from an investor view. Most houses around here need to be demo'd and something modern put in it's place.
I'm not really a fan of all the apartments that replace the old houses. I wish it were new houses, or that the apartments were built to look like old houses. Something that kept the arcitechtural style.
Still, as an investor, I get it. It's cheaper to put up a square box and at the end of the day it rents for the same amount.
Real Estate Agent · Antelope Valley Palmdale Lancaster, Acton · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 0 votes
2y
Gotcha well this is a good spot to be! If you don't have time to comb through listings or find off market deals there a lot of wholesalers on here that can help. The area I am in is not as big or popular as main LA area but searching listings on MLS especially listing that have been sitting for a month or longer is a good place to start. There are plenty of more ways to find deals and I could go on forever just depends on what your goals are