Looking to connect to other investors

Looking to connect to other investors

Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Hey guys- my name is Jonathan and I have a typical 9-5 job the finance/accounting. I currently live in SCV and I’m looking to invest in real estate. I saved a small-decent amount for a down but I lack connections and would like to connect to other like minded individuals. I’d love to partner with someone and potentially go in a multi family or multi unit property!

2Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Mike PaolucciBusiness Member
Realtor · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2022 · 498 posts · 551 votes
2y

Hey @Jonathan Kim have you thought about out of state investing? I'm originally from San Francisco, CA and started investing in 2021. It was pretty hard to find properties where the numbers and landlord laws made sense which is what ultimately led me to investing in Columbus, OH. 

The numbers and landlord laws out here made sense then, and they still do today. I've been able to get a healthy combination of both cashflow and appreciation from all my properties after a little TLC. 

Happy to share my experiences. Good luck on your REI journey and property search!!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Charlottesville Virginia · Member since 2021 · 348 posts · 346 votes
    2y

    Hello Jonathan, congrats on wanting to get started in real estate! There are a lot of ways to get into real estate depending on your skills, goals, and time. I would love to chat more about what makes the most sense for you. 

  • Bradley BuxtonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · NV · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    2y

    @Jonathan Kim

    Santa Clarita is a great area, I used to work down there. There's been a lot of new building in the area which could have made the older homes less desirable. You might be able to find a duplex in the older areas to house hack if that's an option for you. Then you might not need a partner and you'd gain valuable experience as a landlord. Talk to lenders in your area and look for meet-ups for investors. 

  • Mike PaolucciBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2022 · 498 posts · 551 votes
    2y

    Hey @Jonathan Kim have you thought about out of state investing? I'm originally from San Francisco, CA and started investing in 2021. It was pretty hard to find properties where the numbers and landlord laws made sense which is what ultimately led me to investing in Columbus, OH. 

    The numbers and landlord laws out here made sense then, and they still do today. I've been able to get a healthy combination of both cashflow and appreciation from all my properties after a little TLC. 

    Happy to share my experiences. Good luck on your REI journey and property search!!

  • Samuel DioufBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus & Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hey Jonathan, if you're interested in out-of-state investing, there are some great opportunities in the Ohio markets. Many investors from the California area buy residential homes locally but invest in the mid-west because of the yearly cash returns making more sense in these lower priced markets. I moved from Florida to start investing in Columbus and Cincinnati. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hey Jonathan,

    You came to the right place. SCV is a great place to get started as it has been growing. I just closed on one there for an investor in the Saugus area.

    I'm happy to connect. I'm a 2x house hacker here in LA and an out of state investor.

  • Property Manager · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2024 · 64 posts · 69 votes
    2y

    Hi Jonathan, welcome! Cincinnati is a great place to invest, along with other parts of Ohio. I'll shoot you over a DM if interested in exploring this area more.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.