How to find meetups or like minded people???

How to find meetups or like minded people???

Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA. · Member since 2024 · 12 posts · 8 votes

Hi, 

I am new to Bigger Pockets and I am also in the process of purchasing my first home. While on this journey I would love to start going to meetups or finding like minded individuals related to investing in real estate specifically in my area. At this point I am completely down the rabbit hole and super committed but I need to begin to connect with like minded individuals. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions on finding these groups or people while I continue to learn on my journey. 

Thanks, 

1Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 414 posts · 233 votes
2y

@Damon M. - To Kevin's point, I just joined Georgia REIA this week and went to my first meeting yesterday. I really enjoyed it and plan on attending as many events as possible. There are so many people there that have been in the real estate game for a long period of time and they can really help you cut through the noise.

There is a really good meet up that you can find on BP that meets once a month as well that takes place at the ivy in Buckhead.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Owen DashnerPro Member
    Lender · Omaha, NE · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Try meetup.com.

    Also, go on Facebook and search for groups with the term "real estate" in your area.  Then just join the groups and message the admin about the logistics of any upcoming meetups.

    Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA. · Member since 2024 · 12 posts · 8 votes
    2y

    Thanks! 

  • Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 447 posts · 441 votes
    2y

    Meetup is a great site; you just have to sift through a lot of the less desirable ones. Normally, anything at a bar and for real estate investors is a good networking venue (also drinks can be tax write-offs). Some of the others are sit-down PowerPoints that don't provide much value 

    Also, go to BiggerPockets -> Build Your Team -> Local Meetups, and there are many great meetups there!

  • Noah BaconPro Member
    Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Check out some of the local meetups that you can find in this forum. There are so many so be sure to filter by your location of Atlanta, Georgia!

  • Realtor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 69 posts · 28 votes
    2y

    Hey @Damon Moore! Definitely check out Meetup.com, but also dont forget about Eventbrite as they are another great source. Most of all, when you go to these events. Try to stand out, by being the most interested person and not the most interesting person. 

  • Mackaylee BeachPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 492 votes
    2y

    Join a local Facebook groups and start networking.

    Best of luck to you and congratulations on your upcoming purchase!

  • New to Real Estate · Mcdonough, GA · Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 10 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Damon M.:

    Hi, 

    I am new to Bigger Pockets and I am also in the process of purchasing my first home. While on this journey I would love to start going to meetups or finding like minded individuals related to investing in real estate specifically in my area. At this point I am completely down the rabbit hole and super committed but I need to begin to connect with like minded individuals. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions on finding these groups or people while I continue to learn on my journey. 

    Thanks, 


     Hi!! I’m about in the same boat. I’m in the McDonough area. I plan on looking up things on meetup as well!

  • Kevin PolitePro Member
    Investor · Decatur Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 610 posts · 232 votes
    2y

    @Damon M. Georgia REIA (google as I don't think I can post the website) has an entire calendar of events each month from their monthly member meeting to the group meetings based on interest, e.g. Landlord, Land, Before&After, Intown Rehabbers, Dealmakers, etc. Events are free for members and I believe you can attend free 1 or 2 before joining. This is my favorite.

    Atlanta Real Estate Investing (Facebook)  is another great group to join to meet other investors. They have a monthly meeting held in Buckhead. 

    Best of luck in your journey.

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 414 posts · 233 votes
    2y

    @Damon M. - To Kevin's point, I just joined Georgia REIA this week and went to my first meeting yesterday. I really enjoyed it and plan on attending as many events as possible. There are so many people there that have been in the real estate game for a long period of time and they can really help you cut through the noise.

    There is a really good meet up that you can find on BP that meets once a month as well that takes place at the ivy in Buckhead.

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    2y

    @Damon M. @Star Reid

    I also recommend GAREIA dot com. Good luck on your real estate journey. 

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.