Starting a Syndicate Fund on lucrative business model - Assistance Needed

Starting a Syndicate Fund on lucrative business model - Assistance Needed

Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 9 votes

Hi everyone!

AIM:
I am looking to start a syndicate. 

NEED HELP: I am looking for assistance in lawyers and other experienced syndicate mangers to seek advice and some guidance. 

Purpose of the fund: To purchase old land, rezone, demolish, and rebuild homes to sell at a profit. Note, I am not looking for a syndicate to BRRR or rent of some sort.

Experience: I have personally bought an old home on a 8,000 sq ft lot, rezoned it to two 4,000 sq ft lots with a family member. I know the process from beginning to end and documented this thoroughly. This generated $2M+ in equity, and thus is highly lucrative, but takes 2-3 years.

Note worthy: I am located in California, but I did this project in Canada. I funded this with US cash, as well as a loan with a Canadian bank.

I have shared this process with many friends and other real estate buddies that commended my journey. They saw this works, and would like to join me for another project, which is a COPY and PASTE basically. I would like to start a syndicate or a LLC (if necessary) to do this. I even identified a viable property to do this already, but may not have my ducks in line yet to execute with a group.

If I can get a fund going, I plan to scale it and do more of these projects since I have the blue print to do this over and over, but just need cash. Any recommendations on lawyers to talk to that can assist in advising on an LLC fund (if needed) and how? 

I would be happy to get on a call with anyone interested in knowing more about this btw. DM me or comment below.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Happy new years to the entire BP community and best wishes to everyone in 2025!

Sincerely,

Gabe

0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Gabriel Fung:

    Hi everyone!

    AIM:
    I am looking to start a syndicate. 

    NEED HELP: I am looking for assistance in lawyers and other experienced syndicate mangers to seek advice and some guidance. 

    Purpose of the fund: To purchase old land, rezone, demolish, and rebuild homes to sell at a profit. Note, I am not looking for a syndicate to BRRR or rent of some sort.

    Experience: I have personally bought an old home on a 8,000 sq ft lot, rezoned it to two 4,000 sq ft lots with a family member. I know the process from beginning to end and documented this thoroughly. This generated $2M+ in equity, and thus is highly lucrative, but takes 2-3 years.

    Note worthy: I am located in California, but I did this project in Canada. I funded this with US cash, as well as a loan with a Canadian bank.

    I have shared this process with many friends and other real estate buddies that commended my journey. They saw this works, and would like to join me for another project, which is a COPY and PASTE basically. I would like to start a syndicate or a LLC (if necessary) to do this. I even identified a viable property to do this already, but may not have my ducks in line yet to execute with a group.

    If I can get a fund going, I plan to scale it and do more of these projects since I have the blue print to do this over and over, but just need cash. Any recommendations on lawyers to talk to that can assist in advising on an LLC fund (if needed) and how? 

    I would be happy to get on a call with anyone interested in knowing more about this btw. DM me or comment below.

    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Happy new years to the entire BP community and best wishes to everyone in 2025!

    Sincerely,

    Gabe


     There are a bunch of fund managers here on BP. For legal, we can provide you a list of attorneys out there who do this and my recommendation is to interview them to see which one you feel works best for you. The PPM and Docs are customized for your project so you will need to have it outlined upfront on the structure and payout (is it pref equity, debt and the capital stack etc). You will also need to determine how much you want to raise. If the project is in Canada then I would look to an attorney that understands international law as it could be more complex.

    Personally for something along the lines of what you are doing I would look to partner with another developer vs trying to raise the capital as that will be less labor intensive.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Gabriel Fung:

    Hi everyone!

    AIM:
    I am looking to start a syndicate. 

    NEED HELP: I am looking for assistance in lawyers and other experienced syndicate mangers to seek advice and some guidance. 

    Purpose of the fund: To purchase old land, rezone, demolish, and rebuild homes to sell at a profit. Note, I am not looking for a syndicate to BRRR or rent of some sort.

    Experience: I have personally bought an old home on a 8,000 sq ft lot, rezoned it to two 4,000 sq ft lots with a family member. I know the process from beginning to end and documented this thoroughly. This generated $2M+ in equity, and thus is highly lucrative, but takes 2-3 years.

    Note worthy: I am located in California, but I did this project in Canada. I funded this with US cash, as well as a loan with a Canadian bank.

    I have shared this process with many friends and other real estate buddies that commended my journey. They saw this works, and would like to join me for another project, which is a COPY and PASTE basically. I would like to start a syndicate or a LLC (if necessary) to do this. I even identified a viable property to do this already, but may not have my ducks in line yet to execute with a group.

    If I can get a fund going, I plan to scale it and do more of these projects since I have the blue print to do this over and over, but just need cash. Any recommendations on lawyers to talk to that can assist in advising on an LLC fund (if needed) and how? 

    I would be happy to get on a call with anyone interested in knowing more about this btw. DM me or comment below.

    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Happy new years to the entire BP community and best wishes to everyone in 2025!

    Sincerely,

    Gabe


     There are a bunch of fund managers here on BP. For legal, we can provide you a list of attorneys out there who do this and my recommendation is to interview them to see which one you feel works best for you. The PPM and Docs are customized for your project so you will need to have it outlined upfront on the structure and payout (is it pref equity, debt and the capital stack etc). You will also need to determine how much you want to raise. If the project is in Canada then I would look to an attorney that understands international law as it could be more complex.

    Personally for something along the lines of what you are doing I would look to partner with another developer vs trying to raise the capital as that will be less labor intensive.


    Thanks Chris! Would you please recommend any attorneys of firms that are familiar with international law for these purposes? I have the details in place, but need to make sure I fit within regulatory and accounting laws.


    Also, what did you mean by



    Thanks Chris! Would you please recommend any attorneys of firms that are familiar with international law for these purposes? I have the details in place, but need to make sure I fit within regulatory and accounting laws.


    Also, what did you mean by partnering with another developer vs trying to raise the capital? I already have developers for such a project. Simply need the cash.


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.