Seeking team members

Seeking team members

Member since 2024 · 22 posts · 12 votes

Hi everyone! My name is Gabriel and I just graduated high school and want to get into multifamily real estate investing and I need some pointers on where to start. I've been educating myself with Ken McElroys books 

2Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Preston DeanBusiness Member
Realtor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 779 posts · 368 votes
1y

Hi @Gabriel Reyes

welcome to BP!

if you are going to start a team I would suggest going about it the way Brandon Turner says from the BP podcast, and get your core 4.

1. Your contractor

2. Your deal finder (agent/wholesaler)

3. Your property manager

4. Your Lender

My suggestion to find #2 & #4 would be to go to the top of this page and click on FIND AN AGENT & FIND A LENDER. There you will be asked your criteria and then after answering a few questions you will be matched with 3-5 agents or loan officers in your area. My suggestion would be to select someone with the most forum posts or most reviews. That way you know they are active in the BP community!

United Real Estate DFW Properties 565 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 942 votes
    1y

    @Gabriel Reyes

    Welcome, Gabriel — love that you’re starting early! Ken McElroy’s books are a great foundation. I’d recommend focusing next on learning how to analyze deals, understanding basic financing, and building your network (agents, lenders, contractors, etc.).

    Even if you’re not ready to buy yet, you can bring value to a team by helping find deals, running numbers, or building relationships. I invest in multifamily in Columbus, OH — happy to share resources or answer any questions as you get started!

    • Member since 2024 · 22 posts · 12 votes
      1y

      @Arman Ahmed Thanks for the welcome and the pointers - much appreciated! I would love your insight on how I should go about networking and finding a team to add value to. Thanks again for reaching out!

  • Preston DeanBusiness Member
    Realtor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 779 posts · 368 votes
    1y

    Hi @Gabriel Reyes

    welcome to BP!

    if you are going to start a team I would suggest going about it the way Brandon Turner says from the BP podcast, and get your core 4.

    1. Your contractor

    2. Your deal finder (agent/wholesaler)

    3. Your property manager

    4. Your Lender

    My suggestion to find #2 & #4 would be to go to the top of this page and click on FIND AN AGENT & FIND A LENDER. There you will be asked your criteria and then after answering a few questions you will be matched with 3-5 agents or loan officers in your area. My suggestion would be to select someone with the most forum posts or most reviews. That way you know they are active in the BP community!

    United Real Estate DFW Properties 565 Reviews
    • Member since 2024 · 22 posts · 12 votes
      1y

      Hey @Preston Dean thanks for the welcome and your pointers - much appreciated! Will use BP to find an agent and lender. But quick question how should I go about finding a contractor and property manager? Thanks again for reaching out! 

  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Gabriel Reyes:

    Hi everyone! My name is Gabriel and I just graduated high school and want to get into multifamily real estate investing and I need some pointers on where to start. I've been educating myself with Ken McElroys books 


    Hey Gabriel, welcome to BP! I would recommend trying to network with other real estate investors and putting yourself in classes that will help teach you about finance! 

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.