New to Real Estate · Port St Lucie · Member since 2025 · 15 posts · 6 votes
Hey Everyone,
My name is Seth Excellent, I am a 21 year old registered nurse. Im based in Port St Lucie, and my brother is based in Orlando. We are evaluating the demand for an investor focued property maitenance and turnover company. The goal isnt meant to be general handyman, rather to specialize specifically in rental turnovers and light rehabs between tenants
the concept is:
Standardized, flat rate turnover packages
• Full make ready coordination (paint, cleaning, minor repairs, locks, etc.)
• Light rehab coordination (flooring, small updates, punch lists)
• Before/after documentation
• Fast turn timelines to reduce vacancy
• One point of contact instead of coordinating 4–5 vendors
I know stuff like this has been around a while, i just want to know if i will have good amount kf business. Thank you!
Realtor · Orlando/Ocala, FL · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 12 votes
7mo
Hi, Seth.
I think it depends on where your focus is going to be geographically. If your brother is in Orlando, and you're starting your business there, I'd say you have a good chance of succeeding.
I'm an investor and real estate agent in Orlando and Ocala, FL. I have investment properties in both areas, and Orlando is ripe for a business model like you're describing, simply based on the sheer number of investment properties and the number of those owned by out-of-state investors.
Many seasoned investors will already have their stable of go-to subcontractors and vendors to help get their properties ready for rental again upon tenant move-out. However, I think you'll find the high turnover on investment properties brings in a lot of new, out-of-area investors who will be looking to establish relationships with companies like yours, particularly if they can make one phone call and have everything take care of.
If I can be a resource or help in any way, don't hesitate to reach out.
My name is Seth Excellent, I am a 21 year old registered nurse. Im based in Port St Lucie, and my brother is based in Orlando. We are evaluating the demand for an investor focued property maitenance and turnover company. The goal isnt meant to be general handyman, rather to specialize specifically in rental turnovers and light rehabs between tenants
the concept is:
Standardized, flat rate turnover packages
• Full make ready coordination (paint, cleaning, minor repairs, locks, etc.)
• Light rehab coordination (flooring, small updates, punch lists)
• Before/after documentation
• Fast turn timelines to reduce vacancy
• One point of contact instead of coordinating 4–5 vendors
I know stuff like this has been around a while, i just want to know if i will have good amount kf business. Thank you!
This is a great idea, and I think you could get a lot of business in Orlando. There is plenty of investors here.