Need help locating property owners in Kansas City, KS

Need help locating property owners in Kansas City, KS

Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, KS · Member since 2014 · 604 posts · 222 votes

I'm starting out in Kansas City, KS (Wyandotte County) and I've got my eye on several properties that look like potential deals. My problem is that I can't find an easy way to determine the name and address of the current owners. Johnson County (immediately to the south) provides that information on the County Appraiser's website, but for Wyandotte County the only solution I have at this point is to do an online search to find the last deed of record to get the name (and sometimes the address) but that costs $5 per property to look up. I'm on a pretty tight budget and $500 for 100 property owner names and maybe address is too pricey for me. Anyone doing investing in this area that has any ideas on how to track these homeowners down without spending a lot of money?

0Reply
21 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 388 posts · 200 votes
    12y

    @Jim Viens Try this link to the Wyandotte County Appraiser

    http://appr.wycokck.org/appraisal/publicaccess/PropertySearch.aspx?PropertySearchType=3&SelectedItem=9&PropertyID=&PropertyOwnerID=&NodeID=11

  • Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, KS · Member since 2014 · 604 posts · 222 votes
    12y

    That's actually where I've been getting a lot of my info but the WyCo appraiser's page doesn't show the owner info, where the JoCo appraiser's page does. I contacted the appraiser's office and they said to get the info I'd have to call the clerk's office. I'm checking with them to see if the clerk would be ok looking up a dozen or more properties at a time and I'm trying to find out why they don't have it on the search site like JoCo does.

    Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, KS · Member since 2014 · 604 posts · 222 votes
    12y

    Sorry...forgot to tag @William Robison on that last reply! Noob mistake. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, KS · Member since 2014 · 604 posts · 222 votes
    12y

    FYI to anyone else looking up their own info in Wyandotte County, it looks like you have to go through the County Clerk's office and sign up for a free subscription service to get the owner info to go with the Assessor's info. But, of course, it's not working correctly tonight and I can't get logged in. Our tax money at work. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.