First Direct Mail Campaign

6 Replies

I'm about to send out my first direct mail campaign and I'd love any advice on copy to send.

I'm sending to absentee owners in my area, hopefully targeting tired landlords and empty properties.

All info is greatly appreciated!

This post has been removed.

Michael I'm about to send you my list, I was thinking about chosing yellow letter #18, what do you think? #1 will be more effective? I'm sending to absentee owners as well.

I buying my list from list source and I'm having problem paying, it's only giving one option for payment and is paypal card which I dont have.

When you send out you letters don't be surprised that you only get a few calls and then you will get calls saying " I kept your letter from a couple of months ago bc my house was listed, had to get renters out, etc." I have not done a deal bc of direct mail and that is bc my lack of consistency. Now I also turned that same list around and mailed to them and ask them if they was looking for houses to buy and I am building a buyers list that way.

Thanks @Michael Q. ! I hope this doesn't sound stupid but you are referencing specific versions of the letters and cards. Where do I find those?

thanks!
Mark

@Mark Marinaccio  Those are items we have. [website url removed]

Mixing up your delivery package will produce better results than if you sent the same package over and over. 

I just got a call tonight that from someone that I mailed to and he said " I got you letter a couple of months ago and now I am ready to sell a few houses." so if the phone doesn't ring right away don't it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here