getting and paying cash for investment property

3 Replies

OK so I'm a newbie and have been reading a lot but just got done reading lifeonaire and made me rethink most of what I've learned. So my question is does anybody have a plan for acquiring Cash and investing with all cash?no debt. curious to see what your thoughts are on this. Thanks! 

I bought my first three rentals for cash. Then leveraged them into a bunch.

"Buy cheap houses"

As for acquiring cash:

Save forever

Or find a way to get chunks of money. The way I got cash to buy my second and third properties was that I built a custom home while in between 8-5jobs. Left one job, built and sold the house and didn't need the income to live on. So I had a "chunk" of money to get started.

Also "Buy cheap houses"

Buy for cash, refinance, buy again using the same money, do it again, ...

There's other ways, such as doing joint ventures and equity partnerships.  For example, what if you went out and found a good deal, negotiated it, got it under contract, and then flipped your contract to a buy-and-hold investor.  But maybe you get an equity position instead of a wholesale fee.  So, you might then own 10% of it for example.  Do this 10 times and you have the equivalent of a free and clear rental with no money out of pocket (except for your marketing).

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you