How do I find a realtor or real estate agent

4 Replies

I read up on the kind of questions I should ask them and all but how do I really find these people. How accurate are zillow reviews? I found hundreds upon hundreds of 5 star rated realtors on Zillow in the DFW Area with a perfect score, do I just call the top 10 from there and talk to them? Are there other resources out there that can help me start networking? I don't know anyone personally who is involved in anything real estate in the area so it is hard to get word of mouth referrals for me and I only got 1 decent response when I asked for realtors here on BP.

I would recommend reaching out to several. Talk to them let them know what you want to do and they will let you know what they can do for you.

It should become apparent who you gel with and feel comfortable with pretty soon thereafter.

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)
216-661-6633

I bet if you posted this question on your facebook, one of your friends is licensed and you didn't even know it ;)

There are several REIAs in your area.  (Some with over a 1000 members.)  Attend a few different meetings and get to know other local investors.  I guarantee there will be realtors who attend these meetings, or at a minimum there will be investors there who can refer you to a local realtor. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.