How do I find a realtor or real estate agent

How do I find a realtor or real estate agent

Rental Property Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2015 · 80 posts · 14 votes

I read up on the kind of questions I should ask them and all but how do I really find these people. How accurate are zillow reviews? I found hundreds upon hundreds of 5 star rated realtors on Zillow in the DFW Area with a perfect score, do I just call the top 10 from there and talk to them? Are there other resources out there that can help me start networking? I don't know anyone personally who is involved in anything real estate in the area so it is hard to get word of mouth referrals for me and I only got 1 decent response when I asked for realtors here on BP.

1Reply
19 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    I would recommend reaching out to several. Talk to them let them know what you want to do and they will let you know what they can do for you.

    It should become apparent who you gel with and feel comfortable with pretty soon thereafter.

  • Flipper · Port Deposit, MD · Member since 2014 · 280 posts · 171 votes
    11y

    I bet if you posted this question on your facebook, one of your friends is licensed and you didn't even know it ;)

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    There are several REIAs in your area.  (Some with over a 1000 members.)  Attend a few different meetings and get to know other local investors.  I guarantee there will be realtors who attend these meetings, or at a minimum there will be investors there who can refer you to a local realtor. 

  • Lender · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome. I would make sure you find one that is focused on assisting investors. I am sure there are several on here. @Adam Wright is another investor on here that also is an agent.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.