Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
I'm new to real estate and bigger pockets I have a question regarding LLC's. If for example I live in Atlanta, GA and hold my LLC there but I buy property in lets say OH; can I then hold the OH property in the Atlanta GA LLC?
Real Estate Broker · Rochester, NY · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 690 votes
11y
yes you can. And you'll be liable for taxes in both states! I am not a financial advisor or attorney but I pay them to help me. They have advised me to title properties in the state they are held to avoid double tax. Disclaimer: consult your local professionals to answer state specific questions.
Real Estate Consultant · Wittenberg, WI · Member since 2014 · 572 posts · 572 votes
11y
Hi Anthony,
Yes, you absolutely can buy property with your home state LLC in another state. You will need to have a registered agent in every state that you want to conduct business. The reason for this is in the event of any kind of registered mail or legal notice that needs to be served to your company, there needs to e a physical address and person to sign for and receive these notifications. You can Google registered agents and you will find many services available to choose from for this. I pay about $100 per year per state for my registered agent service.