Book Recommendations??

5 Replies

Hello All!

I'm in the process of getting my real estate license and planning on getting involved in real estate investments in the near future. Does anyone have good book recommendations that are 1) good study guides for the real estate licensing exam? and 2) good references for those starting off in the real estate business?

Also, has anyone ever gone this route, meaning got their license, learned the business and then started investing?

Any offers are appreciated!

Thanks!

Arica H.

The exam at least in california was pretty easy and honestly i didn't really study. I would recommend though the millionaire real estate agent, and the millionaire real estate investor by Gary Keller. They are great resources in getting started. 

I just read the Weekend Millionaire's Real Estate Investing Program. It was recommended to me by someone else and I liked it. It's only about investing, not about the license. Good luck on both!  

Thanks everyone! I now have a starting point!

Welcome to BP! I am also in Richmond Va and I wholesale property and am also in the process of getting my RE license. What really helped me with passing the practice exam that the class had, were making note cards for all the terms. I also went to the library and got real estate license exams for dummies, it has a decent amount of practice questions in it.

GOOD LUCK!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here