San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes
Hello everyone. I'm new to BP. Started listening to podcast and reading forums and blog post already. My partner and I are very interested in real estate, but of course, there's always that fear of what to do, where to start, and "Am I doing this right?". We went to a few of those real estate seminars where they try to upsale you at the end. Is it worth it to pay $8,000 to $30,000 just so you can have a mentor that can walk you thru everything step by step, helping you set up a power team, leading you through the rehab process, finding and closing on deals, etc? We want to start, but we're still trying to figure out where and how to start. If the seminars are not worth it, which blog post, podcast, forum post would you guys recommend I look at to get this ball rolling.
Welcome to Biggerpockets. Great to have you here. Check out the forums under Starting Out, a lot of people have been in a similar situation and you'll see stories on how they got started and overcame their fear. Good luck.
Real Estate Agent · Elmont, NY · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 5 votes
11y
I would suggest you start by figuring out exactly what you want to do in Real Estate. Do you want to buy and hold/rent? Do you want to buy and sell renovate/flip? Do you want to wholesale? If you don't know yet, that's okay too. Go to the learn section here and read all the free guide and that should lead you in the right direction.
Once you find something that you are very interested in do a search and it will bring up forums and info on your topic. Start here. I do not suggest paying for anything yet. Bigger Pockets is fantastic and will give you a great start.
I was looking into buy and hold/rent and possibly doing a couple flips to get more cash flow to get more properties. Not sure if that's the best route to go? Also, been trying to read up more on house hacking on the side as well. Any specific links or threads/post on bigger pockets you would recommend?
I was looking into buy and hold/rent and possibly doing a couple flips to get more cash flow to get more properties. Not sure if that's the best route to go? Also, been trying to read up more on house hacking on the side as well. Any specific links or threads/post on bigger pockets you would recommend?
I was in a search for house hacking guides/tips/advice just like you. Here are some that I had found:
Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members. This is one of my favorite features of Bigger Pockets especially for asking specific questions.