Kansas City and Memphis investors

12 Replies

I am looking to network with fairly new investors in Kansas City and Memphis. All the people I know are generally in Indy and I would like to hear other experiences in other markets.

Joel, 

I have investments in KC. Happy to chat with you about my experience. 

I have only one property in memphis and 3 months along everything was going well until this past month when the husband lost his job and they moved out breaking their 2 year lease.  Now the management company is charging me 2K to rent ready the place.  Many of the items were suppose to have been fixed by the contractor doing the re-hab.  It has made me very gun shy to purchase more.  We will see how it goes from here.  Make sure you get pictures of the fixes...my lesson learned.  Other than that I may have just been unlucky!

I have 6 properties in Kansas City and going to Memphis in early May to look at some properties there. Send me a PM and we can chat. I have lived in KC for over 10 years and know the area well.

I've got five duplexes in KCK and always glad to chat. Let me know if you have questions b

I know Kansas City very well.  Feel free to message me. 

Jason

Originally posted by @Account Closed

We've got a lot of Memphis (1) turnkey providers, (2) wholesalers, and (3) investors who are active on BP. There are also a few (4) agents and (5) property managers who frequent the site.

Are you only looking for new investors in the Memphis area?

I have 6 properties in Kansas City and going to Memphis in early May to look at some properties there. Send me a PM and we can chat. I have lived in KC for over 10 years and know the area well.

A repeat of what Douglas said, it's a nice audience of Memphis members on here that will be happy to network with you. 

Joey Noel hi there !
Question, what's your reason for looking for a newbie ?
And what type of investing are you interested in doing here ?

@Jimmy Warr

I made that post over 8 months ago.  I was just looking for other newbies to talk shop with.  

lol! That's AWSOME. Are you still considering yourself a newbie ?

I myself is still new, In fact I just lost on my very first deal, due to the appraisal,which was a great thing for me .

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.