Puerto Rico deal

Puerto Rico deal

Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 65 posts · 12 votes

So, I'm having a really hard time with obtaining all the property information I need to analyze this deal. I'm thinking about doing a contract and forwarding it to a realtor friend of mind. 

Any thoughts?

1Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 399 posts · 260 votes
10y

Hi Tangala. Are you from PR? Do you have friends and/or family there? Are you planning to go live there? I ask because I am from Puerto Rico I have friends and family from there and I lived there for 15 years and I have very little motivation to invest there (for now). As you must of heard PR is going through some serious stuff and will be for quite a while and as much as I love my island I love my ROI more. Until they get the job and crime thing under control I wouldn't buy and would not recommend for anyone to buy. Just my opinion.

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Camuy, Puerto Rico · Member since 2016 · 56 posts · 52 votes
    9y

    HI William Garcia,

    I'd love to grab a coffee with you and chat...I live on the Island now too ( in Camuy, but I originally grew up down the road from Hampton, IL  in  Peoria ) Send me a PM when you have a chance and we can set something up... 

    Take care

  • Mike HurneyPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 542 votes
    9y

    @Lawrence Johnson Camuy is about 3 hours from San Juan?

  • Mike HurneyPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 542 votes
    9y

    Any Investors up to meet for coffee or a quick lunch at the Home Depot - State HWY 52 And SR 842, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00928 on Thursday February 23, 2017 11:30am?

  • Wholesaler · Katy, TX · Member since 2013 · 213 posts · 109 votes
    9y

    @Mike Hurney Camuy is just about 1 hr from San Juan (depending on time of the day/traffic). 

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 399 posts · 260 votes
    9y

    @Matt Bowyer Numbers. Looking at cost to build vs. purchase reminds me of Las Vegas post 2008.

  • Mike HurneyPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 542 votes
    9y

    @Alejandro Herryman I went to colleague you but it says you've sent me a colleague request that I haven't answered??? I can't find it....

    I'm staying in Isle Verde and it seems expensive, do you know an area that is near water and is more reasonable?

    Thanks, Mike

  • Investor · Oakley, CA · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    please shoot a PM my way. My wife and I are looking at some properties in Old San Juan and Condado and would love to get some information on potential financing. Thank you for your time!

  • Real Estate Broker · Puerto Rico · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Really looking to jump start my RE investment career in PR. I grew up in the island but have been living in the US for the last 13 years. Looking to build connections to start this journey from TX. I just contracted my first two unit property. Please feel free to PM to connect!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.