Should I Look at Fixer Uppers as a First Investment?

Should I Look at Fixer Uppers as a First Investment?

Madison, WI · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 5 votes

Hey BP, 

I am a new investor looking to make my first investment within the next year and I am wondering what the community has to say about buying an REO, HUD, or other fixer upper as a first property. Obviously there is the opportunity to find a great deal, but I am hesitant because of my limited knowledge/experience with estimating renovation costs. Thanks!

0Reply
10 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @William Prickett,

    Yes! Rehab and fix-and-flip are very common strategies.

    If you need help estimating repair costs, get a contractor - or even another investor! - on your team who is good at that.

    David J Dachtera

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.