Website, Real Estate Agent, Or...?

7 Replies

Hello All,

I believe this question to be about the most basic as it gets. Where do you find the best, most up to date and accurate listings for potential investments? Are websites like Zillow, Trulia, etc. worth looking at? I'd love to get some insight on how you cast the broadest net possible in order to view all potential deals out there. 

Thanks for any help!

Lauren

@Lauren Stamey Once you figure out your criteria, hook up with an investor friendly agent and have them set up MLS alerts for you. Then you'll have them as they come on the market. The data on Zillow/Trulia/Redfin is pretty reliable. I prefer the latter most of the time. You'll also want to get on the Wakegov.com/realestate site for latest gov't related info (taxes, owner info, etc).

If you don't have an agent, send me a PM and I may have a referral for you

Dawn Brenegan is an agent in your area I'd suggest

@Gabe Cinquepalmi Thanks! Will I be paying a real estate agent a monthly fee to set up MLS alerts for me or do they do this free of charge? Keep in mind I'm coming from the legal field and that all holy billable hour ;)

@Joe Facenda I don't have an agent as of yet and I think my situation may be unique. I'm going to contact you privately and see what your thoughts are. Thanks!

@Lauren Stamey MLS alerts don't cost anything, and it's a one time setup unless you keep asking them to change criteria. Just make sure you narrow it down before you ask, to minimize that. They make their money on the sale.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.