Networking

12 Replies

Hello BP,

I'm a part time wholesaler for now as I am trying to build my power team and business. I used to wholesale back in my hometown Youngstown Ohio so I have a few closings under my belt. I relocated here in GA and after a few years I am ready to get back in it. I am looking to network with other wholesalers, cash buyers, and get some referrals for invester friendly closing attorneys and real estate agents. I realized that me working was not going to give me the financial stability that I need for my family so I am educating myself, networking, and my goal is to either co wholesale or wholesale a property within the next 30 days. 

Thank you Umar... I am just hoping I'll be able to network and get referrals from this group.. I heard BP was amazing!!!

@Khiana Thomas , welcome to BP. I recommend learning all you can from the BP courses and podcasts. They offer a wealth of free education. Also consider joining one of the local real estate investor associations. The GA REIA has a free monthly meeting in College Park, GA that is a good place to learn and network. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Good luck on your journey,

Bill

Hi, @Khiana Thomas and @Bill Hampton .  

I, too, am investing in the Atlanta area and when I'll be in the area next week and 2 weeks after that I'd like to see if it would sync well for me to attend one of the meetings.

Unfortunately, when I went to the webpage Bill gave it says the domain expired on November 8th.

Could you provide me with a phone number? Or a newer domain name?

Thanks.

@Lynne Jacob hey how are you?? I believe they are finished for the year as far as GAREIA monthly meetings but it's subgroups with different specialties going on just about every day... PM your contact information and I'll get back with you with the on the subs coming up...

Georgia REIA is working to correct the web domain issue. In the meanwhile here is a link to their calendar

http://www.memberize.com/clubportal/Calendar.cfm?c...

The main meetings are every second Monday. The December main meeting will be special year end meeting on December 12th. It is usually a well attended meeting and great for networking. Check out the calendar for the subgroup meetings.

Hello @Lynne Jacob , How was your trip to Atlanta? I am wondering if you are still here and are you available to meet? 

@Khiana Thomas  

Bad luck that the Dekalb group meeting of the GaREIA.org is in the 4th week of every month so its canceled both in Nov and in Dec.

chrome-extension://hnjalnkldgigidggphhmacmimbdlafdo/tabDialog.html?dialog=site

But your in luck that the GaREIA holiday party is coming up 2nd Monday, 12/12 Monday.

http://www.memberize.com/clubportal/EventDisplayNe...

Guests (and members) are $20 advanced only via the above URL.  We need to get the head count for the food we are having.  Good networking event and great speaker.

I've been a member of all the local REIAs over the years. I choose to just keep my membership in GaREIA.org as the best REIA for new folks AND experienced. We have a coaching program coming up for Wholesaling mentorship comeing up in Jan. See the above calendar.

Hi, @David Nguyen .  My trip was GREAT.  I'm so sorry I didn't see your note, but Bigger Pockets seemed to have disconnected me and then I was busy with so many other priorities I just didn't jump through the hoops to regain access.

Would love to meet by phone, though, if that would work for you.  PM me.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here