Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Lucas Mills
  • Physical Therapist Assistant
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
Some questions about getting my real estate license. Worth it?

Lucas Mills
  • Physical Therapist Assistant
  • Springfield, MO
Posted Jul 19 2017, 10:35

I am looking to obtain my first investment property sometime within the next 6 months. I've already been through the process of making an offer, but I ended up backing out because the property was in a flood zone and I could not find insurance for a reasonable price.

During that process, and agent went with me to look at a handful of homes. He was friendly, but I always felt like I was a burden to him. Plus, I had to work with his schedule and wait until he could show me a home to look at it.

As such, I've considered getting my real estate license. So a couple questions:

1. Is it worth it for this purpose alone? For being able to show yourself properties?

2. Let's say that I wanted to actually sell a house here and a house there on the side, for supplemental income. Is this a feasible thing to do while also working a separate, full-time job? Or is being a real estate agent it's own full-time job? I would prefer to sell houses purely at my own discretion; maybe only for friends and whatnot. So can I do this? Or, do you have to actually work for an agency to be able to sell? How does this work?

Loading replies...