Important to obtain Real Estate License?

Important to obtain Real Estate License?

Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 55 posts · 18 votes

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to BP & learning about REI. I'm curious if, when starting out, you find it helpful to get a Real Estate License? Assuming this answer is situational upon which route someone decides to take, I can tell you that I've been interested in SFR, BRRR, and Duplex/Triplex/Quads.

Any advice around this topic would be very helpful! 

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2017 · 506 posts · 404 votes
    8y

    No one else has answered, so I thought I'd help a touch. Sadly, I can't help much. My best advice is to do a search on BP. I've seen that question asked several times, but I wasn't interested, so I can't tell you what the answer was. But I know one of the responses broke down all these other fees you have to pay to keep your license like fees to view the MLS and such. There were like 6-8 fees, as I recall. Some you might not need, like liability insurance. But others you do. Do you NEED a RE license. No. Could it benefit you? Quite possibly. Should you get one? Research.

    Good luck!  :-)

  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 55 posts · 18 votes
    8y
    I appreciate the input Jody!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.