Any Thoughts On Joining Renatus?

Any Thoughts On Joining Renatus?

Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes
I’ve recently been introduced to Renatus. I wanted to know if anyone here has used their education and mentorship to become successful in real estate. It’s a $20,000 commitment. I’d like to hear your feedback on their program if you’re so inclined.
0Reply
189 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
8y
Originally posted by @Dawn O.:
I’ve recently been introduced to Renatus. I wanted to know if anyone here has used their education and mentorship to become successful in real estate. It’s a $20,000 commitment. I’d like to hear your feedback on their program if you’re so inclined.

 Real Estate is actually incredibly simple at it's core. Nothing is secret, tricky or special. Where most people run into trouble is execution. They give up when they don't immediately see results. You have to stick it out & put up with the setbacks. Another thing I see is many of the investors who try to make a go at it are drastically under capitalized. To be successful at real estate investing you need a large amount of income coming in NOW so you can live off of it & invest the excess. Spending $20k on a course isn't going to fix any of those problems.

Too many look at this business as a way to quit their jobs. It's not a way to quit your job. If you are looking into real estate investing because you want to quit your job or you don't have enough money right now you are in this for the wrong reasons. If you are investing it's a way to provide yourself a better retirement. If you are looking to run an active real estate business, then yes you can quit your job & do that. But that's very different then investing. 

Myself have a decent amount of rentals & work about 80 hours per week running my businesses. I will be the 1st one to tell you I am not living off of the money I make from the cash flow on my personal rental portfolio (200+ rentals) I am living off of the money that is generated from the $50M+ in annual volume of our Sales, Property Management, Insurance, Title & Digital Media businesses.

See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    I actually was invited to one of their meetings, ya know, those first ones where they pitch you the course, prices etc.  I think it really depends on the group of people you link up with, some will be better suited for the marketing side, the others the real estate side.  I am not a supporter, but it annoys me when people call it a pyramid scheme.  EVERYTHING is a pyramid scheme.  The people at the top always make the most money. That's just how this economy works.

    I am just reading all the books I can , the terms, my area and listening to podcasts. Once I build the confidence I will take it further. But 20k? That is pricey, let me tell you. 

    There are some people in the group I saw who have done ALOT of deals, but their biggest guy was doing real estate long before he joined renatus. I also saw many people in that group having to reach out to the local REI facebook group for contacts and information. If I am paying 20K, I better not have to reach out to ANYONE else. That' just me 2 cents.

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Answered a craigslist ad for what I thought was a local REIA and indicated that in my response email. Was contacted by 2 different people (w/2 dif state area codes other than mine), so I thought something was fishy, talked to one today (the other is his boss/recruiter). Was sent a link to some intro videos - got the name and company info off of that - quick research back to this thread and a couple of others. Basically I responded to a bait and switch ad. You all saved me a few hours of time from having to watch all their webinars. Lucky for me it wasn't an in-person meeting.

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    So the recruiter calls me and says hey ...listen to the call..I'm making 24k in my first 2 months (pays for class). Well he told me its a rehab & not complete and his recruiter helped him finance the deal (OK that's good for him) But he is counting his money before he has it in his hand. Rehabs can have unexpected issues! So I am going back and forth with him and the recruiter comes on the line and says hey what he is saying is good, just check out the webinar...etc. I say OK... but reiterate that I was looking for a local REIA or similar to network with - reason why I answered their ad on my LOCAL Craigslist.

    So fast forward to the webinar.  After the intro of how successful they are... they display their 3 price packages 2k, 8k, 20k. Describe what each offers; don't remember it they said anything about 7 day money back. A lot of courses they go over, some good, some so-so.  Then later they go over financing - for the courses!  They suggest people to borrow from their 401k, their life insurance, their helocs, etc.  They made my stomach literally churn.  I later realized they sounded like vampires... Ill get to this later.

    Then they said well access so-and-so website and give permission to view your credit report so you don't get a hit on your credit rating (source is owned by a "company man"). And just $1 to get you started and a 3 day vetting period to see if you qualify or something like that.    If this school was that dang good...why aren't they an accredited school so people could get a student loan?  20k is probably the average price of an average college!  7 Day review...I had about 30 days to be able to drop a course when I was in college.  (did it once because I was getting no value out of the course -Prof. was ignorant).  7 days is not enough time to really implement any information in any of these courses.  I am in my third week of reading/research and webinars etc. And I am spending a good 20 hrs plus a week on it.  PS. I looked up Noveau Riche.

    Their affiliate program- I half listened to after I hear ..."make 45-50% off the 20k package when someone you recruit buys that package".  Really!  So your education is worth $10k now.  And the company still probably profits $5k off of that so only about $5k in real costs for the $20k course.  No wonder they are doing hour and a half webinars for an audience of 18 (yes I counted them 18 including me that was not listed as Staff). Any webinar I have been on for any topic ( I am a Health/fitness coach and also looking at marketing webinars etc - had over 100 attendees - up to a 1000 for some!.   

    And also I heard really nothing on the whole reason I contacted them- networking locally and making contacts. They only said 'we work with each other' essentially - pay to have access to their network. Which I had told them on the phone 'yes I am looking for a mentor -help me make sure I am doing the right steps, make sure that my numbers are right (not hand holding;) and I was also pointedly asking to find a JV in my first contact with them (learn and earn at same time). Was not looking(am not )for someones time for nothing. Their closest person they had on their team is an hour away from me and would not know my areas like I do.

    So my take on this is it is one big sales pitch....they want to suck your blood (money) from you and then have you suck the blood (money) out of a few others to replenish your blood = vampire.  Sorry...just if the way I feel if its harsh.  I saw some reviews on here going the other way.  But for the bait and switch and the high cost versus actual value and accessing someones probably only assets for a 7 day review time...just my thoughts.  

    PS:  I became PRO on here because I saw the value of what is offered here.

    PPS: I would still like to find mentors here in Louisiana or in Western NC/TN/Georgia areas.

  • Investor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    Happy to find this thread, I have gone to two meetups thinking they were just local REI meetups, only to find out that they were funnels for Renatus, put on by their students. I did however meet a few great contacts in the process (bankers, brokers), so it was still worthwhile. These meetups were a pretty subtle soft sell of Renatus disguised as property walk-throughs and courthouse foreclosure auction classes. Very nice people I've met so far affiliated with Renatus in my area, and I really would like to connect with local investors, but I'm finding it very hard to find communities of investors locally that are not affiliated with some class or community or education they're trying to sell you. Pretty frustrating!

    I did go to AZREIA my local club and will probably just stick with that in the future, but even that seemed chock full of upsells/presentations with one scheme or another.  I'm still searching for a good local way to meet investors to learn, collaborate, grow. I am beginning to think that you will not find the true blue investors who are out there killing it at these local meetups, they are too busy just doing it. Hmmph,  back to the drawing board... I learned this week to avoid Renatus and Clevor Investor (both big in my area). 

  • Rental Property Investor · Carteret, NJ · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    It's good to invest on your education but only if that really makes sense. I would rather say that instead of spending 20k on just education and the ideas or help they promise you (which I have seen from their meetups in NYC where they mostly focus on ecommerce like stuff means enroll you and then make you enroll others), find someone here on biggerpockets, be his/her partner and invest that money in some small project as downpayment.

    I would rather follow online platforms and start looking for real properties and go and watch them to get some ideas about what's going on in RE.

  • Notes Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2012 · 109 posts · 51 votes
    7y

    @Dawn O. I just got back from a "rehab field trip" from one of the students of Renatus showcase his property and doing Airbnb in Oceanside, CA. The student is a teacher and he got involve with the Renatus group and "take actions" - he got one wholesale done and net around $10K, and this is his first house hack and do Airbnb. I am interested in the Airbnb portion as I am doing it at the moment with my rental properties.

    What I am saying is depending on where you at and how experienced you are with RE investments - yours Why? You could do it yourself and "take actions". At the end of the day ... you can learn as much as you can from BP, mentoring, training, etc. But, if you don't take action then it all wasted, regardless you pay for it or not.

    Well, one way to do it for "free" is hanging around with local REI, Renatus group, etc. You don't need to pay Renatus $20,000 or join them. Just go to their meeting, rehab field trip, etc. You definitely learn and network with the people in the trenches.

    I met two wholesalers today and I told them I can pay for leads that they throw away. A contractor and some other investors that we might able to work together in the future. 

    Disclaimer, I am not affiliated with Renatus

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 43 votes
    7y

    Thanks Bac!  I appreciate your feedback.  I actually do attend some of the property tours and the other meetings.  You are correct.  It's a good opportunity to meet people and learn without paying the $20K.  The details of the numbers and how to do a a full property analysis is what I need next.  I've found an investor to help me learn.  

  • Palm Desert, CA · Member since 2017 · 52 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Why Renatus? I am a true believer in Renatus, and I'll tell you why. First off, if it wasn't for Bigger Pockets, I would never have eventually found Renatus. I joined a couple of REI clubs, one was too far away, another was lacking in communication, then there were the Than Merrill super shows. Yes, most of these so called HGTV road and pony shows, either lie about what they promote, or are some kind of pyramid scheme, making the ones at the top wealthy.

    Well, I have found just the opposite at Renatus. Scott Rowe, Bob Snyder, and the other folks at Renatus are genuine about wanting to help people change their lives, and live their dreams, but just like anything else, it takes sacrifice, determination, motivation, and a big "Why" to really make it happen. Renatus has all kinds of people, professionals and non-professionals alike, who offer their help.

    You can learn a little, by going to our flip tours, and networking with individuals, but you will never really understand what it is you need and can learn, unless you join. Sure, Renatus charges for their services, who doesn't? If you go to college, you'll pay to learn, if you screw up on a flip (school of hard knocks) - you'll learn too. But, with an organization of top practitioners and investors ready to help you, you'll be far better off, and save a lot more money.

    Renatus offers a great way to earn and learn, so you can potentially earn enough money to get into your first flip (I make no claims on this or on behalf of Renatus - this may or may not work for everyone, and is subject to each person's ability). However, Renatus also offers a variety of other ways to help people make and save money - not just real estate flipping. You'll need to check them out further to find out what else they have to offer, and trust me (or not), they are wonderful!

    What I can tell you, is everyone is different in what they need, but everyone could benefit from Renatus in one way or another, and yes, you'll need to do your part in paying for a package - that's standard no matter what you join, but it's a lot cheaper than the majority of rip off events and clubs that I've seen and been to. This company is far better, and in my opinion, the best I've ever come across!

    Renatus is about changing lives for the better - if that's not for you, or if you think you can do better, then Renatus will not force you, or begrudge you in any way. They only want people who are serious about making a change in their life, and if you are, you'll succeed.

    I don't get paid in any way promoting Renatus. I just recently joined myself, but I love it, and I know that the founder is true and sincere in his word, and I've seen that in everything that I've been a part of in this community/family.

    Hey, I'm also on here - Bigger Pockets; does that tell you anything? Always be learning and striving to become better!

    "Make A Wonder Day!"

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    My honest option is, I was that naive first time investor and I bought into Fortune Builders because I had seen the  ad on with Than Merrill on T.V and I really wanted to get into real estate investing and that was the biggest waste of time and money.. all that money down the drain and I didn’t take away anything from the 3 day of  “let’s cram everything into their heads, and leave them with only one, one on one call”. Oh and how to illegal post bandit signs and get fined for doing it. Then I met my mentor 2 years later and he just fired his boss and was an entrepreneur and real estate investor. Renatus isn’t just the education. It’s a family of people across the USA helping each other out. Whether that’s with leads, Join ventures, private money lenders, hard money lenders, or just knowledge in areas your not knowledgable in, or lack expertise. After sitting in meetings like cash flow and other cool things they offer. And trust me I was a skeptic especially after what I went through, for me  it was a sound decision. Not only was I able to buy and renovate multiple properties but I had a great foundation and multiple exit strategies too. I had a family of people that looked out for me every step of the way and by doing what I love to do people starting asking questions and with their market affiliate program others signed up for renatus and was able to do what they wanted to do, fired their bosses as well and I mentor them.All while pay off my renatus education just like that. Think of it this way. They have a market affiliate program to help everyone. They’re not paying for fake tv commercials and lying. 

  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    I've been to several meetings and have heard the affiliate side and investor side of making money with Renatus. All I can say is there are many ways to be successful in real estate investing. There are many ways to learn it. Renatus provides you an education and mentors who will help you avoid beginner mistakes that could cost you thousands. I think it's good for people who are new to this industry and really want an expert by their side versus learning on your own and handling all the risks you may and may not know of. I personally am thinking about joining in the future once I've done a few deals because I always think it's better to pay for things with cash instead of taking a line of credit or loan. Obviously for me I'll probably take out a mortgage on my first property. I have enough personal debt already. Renatus has very good material, but it comes at a high cost if you go all in. 20k is a lot to me as an average Joe. Don't listen to Renatus members who say you have a weak mindset or you're not a risk taker. I've been told that but they don't see it from my perspective. They don't know what other debt I have or priorities in my life. They don't know how much money I have left after I pay all my monthly bills. They may not think 20k is a lot but it is to me! This is a great company, but their products are just expensive. 

  • Engineer · Tuscaloosa Alabama · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    I have to start off with saying that I love education.  I have bought a few real estate courses in the last 7 years. I have been to dozens of meetups where students gather.  Here is what I have found. 97% of those who pay for education have not done a single deal 7 years after joining.   The problem is not the education!!

    The problem is that you cant through lots of books at people and expect them to 1) read and study, and 2) have confidence to go out and do a real deal.  People need mentors. Hands on step by step coaching.  REMEMBER that a mind that is not confidant can not make a decision.

    Only go into these expensive education programs if you have a mind to treat it as a business. Do not get yourself all excited over someone else doing a flip and making $40K and expect that somehow that is going to happen for you through osmosis.  It takes work. Two things are required for success in this business. 1) Preparedness and 2) Opportunity. GREAT THINGS HAPPEN when these two meet.  It takes work to get yourself educated and it takes work to become part of a network that will create opportunity.  Start small. Enroll in the $2K program, meet a flipper, volunteer to hang out with them. Invest/partner in a flip.  These small commitments will change your life.

    People who complain about the cost of education are feeling anxious.  I get it, it's a natural response. So start small.

  • Deadrick LingoPro Member
    Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Larry Earnest I wish I could do more than up vote your post! Great advice!

  • Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    There is alot of Real Estate Investing Education Platforms Out There and I'm Pretty Sure they All Provide Great Information however the Value and the Complimentary Lifetime Access to Current Updated Information on Real Estate Investing and the Investor Communtiy Support is Spot On. 

    One of the Biggest Challenges I see for All Real Estate Investing Education Companies out there are Students not being able to take action which resorts to blame and failure. However Becoming a Part of Renatus or Becoming a Part of a Different Real Estate Investing Education Company, it all comes down to applying the knowledge that is learned. And Students who has taken massive action are the ones sharing their success and reviews. 

    However, if anyone on this forum is on the Fence on Joining Renatus or Just Curious about the Platform, you can actually create a free account and browse through the platform here.

    Be Sure to Use this Access Code : GT79QF

    Check Out Renatus Here

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    I was with them for for about 5 years the team I was on wasn't focus on doing real estate deals that was focused on selling education that's not what I wanted to do both my wife and I wanted to do real estate deals with discourage from doing deals was a we finally cutl Renatus loose and  moved on with our life and never looked back.

  • Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Daniel Park:

    There is alot of Real Estate Investing Education Platforms Out There and I'm Pretty Sure they All Provide Great Information however the Value and the Complimentary Lifetime Access to Current Updated Information on Real Estate Investing and the Investor Communtiy Support is Spot On. 

    One of the Biggest Challenges I see for All Real Estate Investing Education Companies out there are Students not being able to take action which resorts to blame and failure. However Becoming a Part of Renatus or Becoming a Part of a Different Real Estate Investing Education Company, it all comes down to applying the knowledge that is learned. And Students who has taken massive action are the ones sharing their success and reviews. 

    However, if anyone on this forum is on the Fence on Joining Renatus or Just Curious about the Platform, you can actually create a free account and browse through the platform here.

    Be Sure to Use this Access Code : GT79QF

    Check Out Renatus Here

    Renatus Now Allows a 7 Day Test Drive for Investors to Test Out Their Top Notch Entry Level Real Estate Investing Education for $50! You Can Check It Out Here! 

  • Member since 2022 · 31 posts · 36 votes
    3y

    Hey Dawn,

    First off congrats on thinking about boosting your education in real estate.  Thinking about how you can learn more about the real estate business will certainly serve you well in the long term. 

    However, I personally would never invest $2k in somebody to teach me about real estate let alone $20k.  A couple hundred dollars might be one thing but that is an obscene amount for real estate education in my opinion.  Like some of the other comments have said I believe the best educator in this business is experience.  There is nothing like getting your hands dirty.  I see you're in San Diego so there are probably a million investors there, and among them probably a ton of people who would love the opportunity to mentor you free of charge.  There are other free education outlets such as the bigger pockets podcast, real estate guys podcast, etc. 

    Best of luck with things!  Congrats again on trying to boost your education!!

  • Investor · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    We joined 3 years ago and were not in a place where we were financially stable. We were renting out our house, living in the in-laws' basement, experiencing medical and other hardships, and had $65K of debt (medical, consumer, vehicle, college, etc.). REI is not for everyone—it is definitely up to each person, their dedication level, mindset, and choice. For us, we felt it was the right thing to do and took the leap. We were ready to get out of our situation and get into a better place. The company offers interest-free payment plans that can be paid off early, without penalty. There is also a cash discount option, if you can come up with the funds upfront. There are different levels of the education. We started off with the lowest, Essentials (taxes, credit, debt payment, etc.), and jumped all-in after we started the courses and saw how beneficial they were to us (business management, advertising, all types of real estate investing, funding, etc.). We, personally, did the interest-free payment plan and there is no credit check. They fund it, solely, because they believe in what they teach and the success of others. We paid off the education, plus our $65K of debt, in 11 months with what we learned. We were able to get out of the basement, move back into our house, later sell it, and made double what we bought it for (without paying capital gains). These results are our own and not a guarantee for anyone. Everyone has the power to work hard, get out of their situation, and live the life they want, though. There is support within the company, coaching, and you can even attend some classes and meetings for free before deciding to join. For us, it was worth it. To anyone considering, I would say do your research, run the numbers, decide your dedication level, and follow your gut. For us, it didn't steer us wrong and has been the best thing that's ever happened to us, to this day.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.