FHA 203k contractors in San Antonio, TX?

FHA 203k contractors in San Antonio, TX?

Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 64 posts · 35 votes

I'm buying a property that needs some repairs and using an FHA 203k loan to purchase home & make the repairs. My lender said I need to use an approved 203k contractor but I was only able to find one contractor in San Antonio. Does anyone have any other referrals or used a 203k loan before that has some feedback about using this type of loan? Thanks!

0Reply
41 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 2 votes
4y

@Charlotte Chew did you ever find a contractor? What was your experience like? Can you share their contact info with me? Thanks. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 104 votes
    8y
    Per Trulia. Instead, the borrower is allowed to hire any contractor they want for the 203k loan but it is the responsibility of the lender making the loan to "approve" the contractor. An FHA approved contractor is actually a DE lender (Direct Endorsement FHA Lender). You can find these DE lenders by going to hud.gov. I’ve got a good contractor but not cheap. Licensed and insured. If you want info let me know.
  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 153 posts · 132 votes
    8y

    I bought my 1st house using a 203k loan and the above poster is correct.  You have to jump through a lot of paperwork and hoops but it was well worth our 1st investment

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    @Charlotte Chew Did you locate additional contractors? I am looking into this option as well for a purchase in San Antonio and would like to discuss. 

  • Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 64 posts · 35 votes
    8y

    I'm still looking for contractors but my lender can "approve" contractors for the 203k loan so I'm not limited to who I can use for my next purchase.

  • Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    @Charlotte Chew did you ever find a contractor? What was your experience like? Can you share their contact info with me? Thanks. 

  • Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    @Mayes White did you ever find anyone? Can you share their contact info?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.