Willing to work this Saturday on your home with you!

Willing to work this Saturday on your home with you!

Burlington, WA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 9 votes

Hey there BP! 

Does anyone want free labor??? 

If anyone is working on their home this Saturday and would like some help I'd be willing to offer my free labor in exchange of learning how to work on a home. If that means I scrape tile on my hands an knees for the day, so be it! My goal is to learn about what's required to fix up a home while making new connections. I would like to purchase an investment property soon but before I do I think it would be worth giving up some weekends in order to become a more educated investor. 

I live in Burlington Washington but learning about working on houses is important to me so if your investment home within 200 miles I'm willing to make the drive. I like driving and hey, education is worth it! 

Thank you BP! 

3Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Julie MarquezPro Member
Investor · Skagit County, WA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 807 votes
8y

@Derek Meehan I love your enthusiasm!! I'm working on an apartment tenant turnover and need help with some fencing and decking, and you are more than welcome to come join us in Mount Vernon.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y

    @Derek Meehan If you were in Cincy, I know some flippers that let people come shadow and check out rehabs. Look for a local meetup and ask a flipper there if you can work or shadow.

  • Julie MarquezPro Member
    Investor · Skagit County, WA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 807 votes
    8y

    @Derek Meehan I love your enthusiasm!! I'm working on an apartment tenant turnover and need help with some fencing and decking, and you are more than welcome to come join us in Mount Vernon.

  • Burlington, WA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Grant Rothenburger Thank you for the suggestion! 

    @Julie Marquez That would be most appreciated! Anything I can learn is counted as a blessing! 

  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y

    @Derek Meehan You're welcome.

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2012 · 506 posts · 331 votes
    8y

    @Derek Meehan that's exactly the kind of enthusiasm I'd be looking for if you were local.  I wish you good luck with your pursuit!

  • Burlington, WA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Julie Marquez Thank you very much for your time last weekend! I learned so much! It is due, in part, to talking to you and your father that I have realized I know what I want to specialize in. I am going to pursue finding a 4-plex to house hack in Boise!! I have family over there and there seems to be a few more opportunities over there! Thank you again! You guys have blessed me with your knowledge and experience and I am more than grateful! 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Derek Meehan:

    @Julie Marquez Thank you very much for your time last weekend! I learned so much! It is due, in part, to talking to you and your father that I have realized I know what I want to specialize in. I am going to pursue finding a 4-plex to house hack in Boise!! I have family over there and there seems to be a few more opportunities over there! Thank you again! You guys have blessed me with your knowledge and experience and I am more than grateful! 

     Dude..

    You rock!

  • Julie MarquezPro Member
    Investor · Skagit County, WA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 807 votes
    8y

    @Derek Meehan I just want to thank you again for stopping by and hanging out during one of our busiest open houses, and even changing the locks! I'm sure my dad talked your ear off, but any time you want more real estate stories, feel free to stop by, we will have another open house in the future. Good luck with your endeavors, I think that is a fabulous idea, and I know you will succeed!

    And to anyone else looking to get into real estate - do what Derek did. He said he was willing to work, so I invited him to an apartment open house, and he basically got 3 hours of mentoring from a seasoned investor (that's my dad, not me).

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Sedro Woolley, WA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 29 votes
    8y

    @Derek Meehan  This is what we like to see!  Too often I have people ask me to "teach" them how to invest in properties - but none of them want to do actual work.  The best way to learn is to shadow someone and get your hands dirty.  Nothing good comes easy.  I have a few flips going on in Burlington and Sedro Woolley, send me a message if you want to check one out.

  • Burlington, WA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Joshua Top Thank you for reaching out! I PM'd you. I look forward to helping out! To your point that nothing good comes easy, I totally agree. I'm eager to learn! Thanks again Joshua!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.