NYREI vs. all other NY agent licensing courses: opinions welcomed

14 Replies

Hey BP friends!

I got pulled into the BP vortex last month; I became an avid listener of the podcasts and knew immediately that I had to be involved in the community.

At this point, I’m searching for the best means of obtaining my real estate license in NYC. Google is great and all, but knowing I have access to the pros right here, I figured I’d be foolish not to ask what you all think. So, to anyone that has taken the NY exam, I'd love to know what your thoughts are on the best course of action: specific programs/schools, online/in person, etc.

READY, SET, GO! ;)

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Justina

Hi @Justina Makinen ,

Welcome!

I am quite a bit West of you, but I took mine online. The class itself was fine, just licensing stuff, kind of a yawn fest. In my opinion the material is about 30 hours worth of material stretched into 75. It's really going to give you the terminology and legal requirements of agency. As far as actually doing the work, that will be a whole different ball of wax.

Good luck and glad to have you

@Justina Makinen , I used RealEstateU, which was significantly cheaper than NYREI.

The class and tests (both class and state) are fairly easy to pass.  You may prefer NYREI, as they can set you up with a broker to hold you license, but there are other ways to do that as well. 

Hi. Did anyone find the online course super frustrating? Did each class really take about 3 hours? I heard they force you to stay on the pages awhile and the live courses could be faster but for convenience sake think it might be the better route.  Kicking myself as I took the course and passed the test 10 years ago but the deadline is 8 so I have to take the full 75 hours over again.

@Scott Wolf How was your experience with RealEstateU? I'm debating between NYREI and RealEstateU online class. I'd you had questions, how was the response time? Were there videos to watch, audio or combination of the two? I was reading somewhere that with RealEstateU, you have to pay $15 after each module to take the quiz. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by @Tiyana Gillings-Suazo :

@Scott Wolf How was your experience with RealEstateU? I'm debating between NYREI and RealEstateU online class. I'd you had questions, how was the response time? Were there videos to watch, audio or combination of the two? I was reading somewhere that with RealEstateU, you have to pay $15 after each module to take the quiz. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about the $15 per quiz you mentioned, but that sounds absurd to me. I'd reach out to them directly to find out about that.

It was all videos as I recall.