Commercial loan through local bank for first deal

Commercial loan through local bank for first deal

New to Real Estate · Oxford, MS · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 6 votes

I want to fund my first deal and have money down. I met with a local bank that has commercial rental loans on a prime rate + 0.75% on a 5 yr fixed, 15% down, and amortized over 25 yrs. However, the after the 5 yrs it is adjustable with no cap. 

Thoughts?

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Vandalia, MI · Member since 2018 · 569 posts · 264 votes
8y

I do not think you want a commercial loan the rates are higher.  but if you do, then I would make sure there is a cap to the rate. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Lender and Broker · Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 966 posts · 500 votes
    8y

    @Casey Barickman

    What type of property are you looking to buy?  What is the purchase price?

    Mark

  • New to Real Estate · Oxford, MS · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Mark Creason

    It is a SFH that is 3/2 about 1250 sqft. Minor work to be done inside. Have to repair or replace fence in back yard. The purchase price would be 85-90K, rent for $1200 and expenses a little over $1000.

  • Rental Property Investor · Caledonia, IL · Member since 2015 · 289 posts · 213 votes
    8y
    @Casey Barickman Why r u going commercial? Fannie : Freddie can get u fixed rate - terms for the life of the loan . Down payment issue perhaps ? I would discuss with local lender who specializes with investors . Congrats on your first purchase !
  • Ken NyczajPro Member
    Investor · Grasonville, MD · Member since 2017 · 453 posts · 415 votes
    8y
    @Casey Barickman I had a similar rate quoted in Maryland but it was fIve year fIxed , prime +1 amortized over 25 years but there was a cap at I believe 9%.
  • New to Real Estate · Oxford, MS · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    @Chris Youssi No reason, just want some feed back about other people’s experience. Also thinking about building a long term relationship with the small community bank. They are a portfolio lender and may come in handy as I grow this business.
  • New to Real Estate · Oxford, MS · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    @Ken Nyczaj Every thing I read about these loans there is a cap. However not with this bank, or at least not at this point in the relationship.
  • Vandalia, MI · Member since 2018 · 569 posts · 264 votes
    8y

    I do not think you want a commercial loan the rates are higher.  but if you do, then I would make sure there is a cap to the rate. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.