First deal accomplished!

First deal accomplished!

Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 27 votes

I would like to take a moment to share my story. I was interested in real estate investing several years ago but always felt it was not attainable. A few months ago I reached a point in my life where I have no debt (besides my primary residence) and able to save a decent amount to money each month. One day while performing investment research, I stumbled across Bigger Pockets and instantly became hooked. I began watching/listening to nearly every podcast and visited this forum nearly everyday. Heavily reliant on information from Bigger Pockets and other additional sources, I found my knowledge and confidence levels begin to rise to the point I felt this could be something I could actually do. I often heard the phrase "take action" and every time I did it felt somewhat personal. After exploring several different markets and evaluating what felt like hundreds of deals, I made offers on two different multi-family units. The first was denied but the second was accepted and am now under contract. I want to thank the Bigger Pockets community as I know without it, I likely would have never taken action. I am excited to continue learning and expanding my portfolio.

13Reply
151 views

Most Popular Reply

Sandy, UT · Member since 2011 · 64 posts · 10 votes
8y
@Andre Sanchez did you use the BP calculator to analyze deals?
See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 238 posts · 101 votes
    8y

    @Andre Sanchez Congratulations on your first deal.  Good luck!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Covington, GA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    @Andre Sanchez awesome and congrats!
  • Real Estate Broker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 530 posts · 398 votes
    8y
    @Andre Sanchez Congrats and numbers look smooth!! Do you plan on continuing to invest in Cincinnati in the future?
  • Priya ThomasPro Member
    Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2017 · 135 posts · 61 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Andre Sanchez:

    @Ned Carey Thank you will do.

    @Dominic D. Thank you. I explored several markets and decided to focus on Cincinnati. My goals are to buy and hold.

    Where do you live? Are you local to Cinci?

  • Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    @Andre Sanchez Congratulations!! Your story sounds alot like mine!! I came across Bigger Pockets and I am now where you were, Hooked, reading and listening to everything and growing daily!! Continue to keep us posted as I am inspired to hear that my thoughts and plans can also lead me to my first deal!! Maybe you could share the details of your deal at some point. Also, did you have someone help you through the paperwork and numbers?? Again Congratulations!!
  • Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 27 votes
    8y

    @Zachary Sexton I did use the BP calculator at first but as I am not currently a Pro member I quickly used up my attempts. I used a calculator from vipfinancialeducation.

  • Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 27 votes
    8y
  • Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 27 votes
    8y

    @Matt Nusbaum @Gerardo Dominguez Thanks I appreciate it

    @Bjorik Mutize as I am already in Cincinnati and have built contacts, my first choice will be to remain there

    @Priya Thomas I am in Denver

    @Tonya Presley that's awesome! Just keep plugging away and you will get to where you want to be. I posted a summary of my numbers you can find on the first page of this thread. I worked on the numbers on my own using investment calculators.

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    @Andre Sanchez Congratulations! Awesome work.
  • Rental Property Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    @Andre Sanchez Congrats! numbers look good..

  • Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 27 votes
    8y
  • Contractor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y
    @Andre Sanchez Congrats. You are on you way. Ricky L
  • Investor · Gatineau, QC · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    @Andre Sanchez Congratulations and keep it up!
  • Ian WalshBusiness Member
    Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Congrats! If you are making offers on hundreds of deals, you are doing a nice job of not squeezing blood from a stone.

  • Nashville, TN · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Congratulations!!! The first step is the hardest but always the most satisfying.

  • New York, NY · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Congrats @Andre Sanchez!  I'm sure it feels great to have your first deal done!  We have also been looking at Cincy as out of state investors - did you focus on a few specific neighborhoods to put in offers?  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.