Limitless vs Morris invest

Limitless vs Morris invest

Specialist · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 7 votes

The sales person I have been working with to send me deals recently left the Morris invest company and he has switched over to a company called limitless turnkey. I’ve already heard bad things from Morris reason why I didn’t buy from them. I would like to know what would be the down side or difference between these two companies. Or is it even worth buying turn key?

1Reply
332 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y

I would not recommend buying a turnkey single-family residential property. If you are looking for a truly passive investment you should partner with exeperienced operators in your are or invest in a syndicated deal either commercial or multi family.

See this reply in the discussion

94 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 625 posts · 601 votes
    7y

    @Jamil Rivera Morris sucks. If this guy left Morris to work somewhere else they probably suck too. I can't see a company with any ethics hiring someone who worked with Morris in his scam to work for them. Do some searches here on Morris and you'll see what I mean.

  • Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    I would not recommend buying a turnkey single-family residential property. If you are looking for a truly passive investment you should partner with exeperienced operators in your are or invest in a syndicated deal either commercial or multi family.

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Let me get this straight.... You know Morris is bad, you know this guy used to work for Morris but left, and yet somehow you think this new company won't be bad?

    You should probably just save yourself the heartache and loss and skip an out of state investment. If you can't see the huge risk you're taking for little to no upside then you only have your self to blame if things come crashing down.

    Do some research, get to a point where you understand a market and the prices with in it...

  • Specialist · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Matt K.

    Thanks for the eye opener

  • Specialist · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Matt P. Noted

  • Specialist · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Matt K.

    So you don’t recommend any out of state investments?

  • Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Association brings assimilation.  

    Birds of a feather flock together.

    Sleep with dogs you will wake up with fleas.

    You are known by the company you keep.

    etc,etc,etc........

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jamil Rivera:

    @Matt K.

    So you don’t recommend any out of state investments?

     If you're considering Morris or anyone that's ever even worked for them no.

    Part of being successful out of state is understanding what's realistic and how to manage/reduce risk. No matter who you buy from it's on you to do due diligence, trust all you want but verify.

    Second part is more important. Things will go wrong, but how you handle them and prepare for them is the difference. Buying the cheapest property in the worst neighborhood that no one wants to live it doesn't  work for anyone except very few locals. There's a lot of reasons past price though why it's unlikely to be successful...see if you can figure some of them out.

  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jamil Rivera:

    The sales person I have been working with to send me deals recently left the Morris invest company and he has switched over to a company called limitless turnkey. I’ve already heard bad things from Morris reason why I didn’t buy from them. I would like to know what would be the down side or difference between these two companies. Or is it even worth buying turn key?

     Is this new company stable? Is he just starting out? I probably wouldn't want to be the first client. 

  • Specialist · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Matt K. Thank you

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Tom Ott:
    Originally posted by @Jamil Rivera:

    The sales person I have been working with to send me deals recently left the Morris invest company and he has switched over to a company called limitless turnkey. I’ve already heard bad things from Morris reason why I didn’t buy from them. I would like to know what would be the down side or difference between these two companies. Or is it even worth buying turn key?

     Is this new company stable? Is he just starting out? I probably wouldn't want to be the first client. 

     Who cares, past Morris employee what more do you need to pass on it?

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jamil Rivera:

    The sales person I have been working with to send me deals recently left the Morris invest company and he has switched over to a company called limitless turnkey. I’ve already heard bad things from Morris reason why I didn’t buy from them. I would like to know what would be the down side or difference between these two companies. Or is it even worth buying turn key?

     I googled Limitless as I have never heard of them. I see they operate in the Cleveland market. Nothing seems off putting about their properties but If I haven't heard of them & they are transacting rental real estate in the Cleveland market. New & or unproven does not equate to bad but it's still unproven. You should approach them as you would with any other out of state purchase. Trust but verify. Make sure you get a 3rd party inspection report & an appraisal on anything you buy.

  • Specialist · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Matt K.

    Just was being a little careful and that’s the reason why I asked. Good information. Been having a little trouble finding a good deal. I have the knowledge and have the process and systems in place just looking and thought I’d consider them. But much negative feedback was received regarding them which is off putting so I have no problem looking elsewhere.

  • Specialist · Huntington beach, CA · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    I might get a lot of hate for this but.....
    This person may have left morris invest due to the fact he was unhappy with how they treated their investors and jumped ship to a place that is not a scam.... Of course it may well still be an awful company and a mirror of Morris Invest.  I would say do your own research. Check out reviews, complaints etc. People love to write negative reviews so, if its a terrible place, it shouldn't be too hard to find out.
    After going to a rich dad poor dad seminar it took me 30 seconds to do a quick search and see how bad they were. Same with Morris Invest.
    As always, do your due diligence.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Fahey:

    I might get a lot of hate for this but.....
    This person may have left morris invest due to the fact he was unhappy with how they treated their investors and jumped ship to a place that is not a scam.... Of course it may well still be an awful company and a mirror of Morris Invest.  I would say do your own research. Check out reviews, complaints etc. People love to write negative reviews so, if its a terrible place, it shouldn't be too hard to find out.
    After going to a rich dad poor dad seminar it took me 30 seconds to do a quick search and see how bad they were. Same with Morris Invest.
    As always, do your due diligence.

    agreed.. one could give them the benefit of the doubt.. however there are so many reliable providers out there.. its tough getting started in that business.. most usually need to affiliate with a west coast marketing service.  

  • Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    My wife and I are working towards acquiring our first asset this year and it was most likely going to be through Morris Invest - until I stumbled on BP. I actually came here to BP for a different real estate reason and it was then that I saw this tremendous onslaught of negative reviews and information regarding their company.

    We had considered them because we felt it would be a good fit to take some of the stress and anxiety out of buying our first performing rental asset, but it seems MANY investors are finding that to be the exact opposite. The more I dig into what's happening (and happened) with Morris Invest and Oceanpointe the deeper the hole seems to go. It's very disconcerting.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Fahey:

    I might get a lot of hate for this but.....
    This person may have left morris invest due to the fact he was unhappy with how they treated their investors and jumped ship to a place that is not a scam.... Of course it may well still be an awful company and a mirror of Morris Invest.  I would say do your own research. Check out reviews, complaints etc. People love to write negative reviews so, if its a terrible place, it shouldn't be too hard to find out.
    After going to a rich dad poor dad seminar it took me 30 seconds to do a quick search and see how bad they were. Same with Morris Invest.
    As always, do your due diligence.

     This is a valid point.

    The fact of the matter is Morris Invest still operates in the Real Estate Investment space, as does this employee. If you are going off of the basis that Morris Invest is indeed a scam & this employee is no longer aligned with them that is at least a small amount of evidence that Morris Invest & this employee do not see eye to eye on the Real Estate Investment business.

    Biggest thing is trust but verify. Utilize 3rd party opinions before pulling the trigger.

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Jamil Rivera just do a search of Morris Invest on here and you'll find a 20 plus page thread about them in Indianapolis and none of it is good. 

  • John CasmonPro Member
    Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Jamil Rivera Spend more time understanding turnkey and how they work. Most make their money when the sell you the property and our not incentivized properly for ongoing property management. If you truly want a turnkey property, find one that is incentivized to perform for your property and ensure you perform proper due diligence on both the firm and the asset.  

    Note that if you truly just want passive investment opportunities, there are other options besides turnkey such as notes, partnerships, syndications, etc. You could also just buy a retail property off MLS and just hire a PM.

  • Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 104 posts · 47 votes
    7y

    What if this employee was a big cause of so many investors troubles with Morris?

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    7y

    Eh ,Turnkeys are too sanitized to make good ROI on and Anybody that works for or has worked for Morris invest should be thrown in prison for fraud . Clayton is an absolute scumbag who bilked a lot of people out of their life savings . Buyer beware

  • Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    I wonder if Morris Invest ever considered that their investors would actually get on a plane and fly to Indiana in order to view their properties. Wrongdoing and unethical business practices can only stay hidden for so long.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @David Goddard:

    My wife and I are working towards acquiring our first asset this year and it was most likely going to be through Morris Invest - until I stumbled on BP. I actually came here to BP for a different real estate reason and it was then that I saw this tremendous onslaught of negative reviews and information regarding their company.

    We had considered them because we felt it would be a good fit to take some of the stress and anxiety out of buying our first performing rental asset, but it seems MANY investors are finding that to be the exact opposite. The more I dig into what's happening (and happened) with Morris Invest and Oceanpointe the deeper the hole seems to go. It's very disconcerting.

     yup goes all the way down to the depths of the earth.. and those poor soles who got burned by molten lava

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @David Goddard:

    I wonder if Morris Invest ever considered that their investors would actually get on a plane and fly to Indiana in order to view their properties. Wrongdoing and unethical business practices can only stay hidden for so long.

     sunshine is a strong disinfectant.. and the sun has been shinned on these companies.. 

    the concept while rudimentary..  is not based in fact.. low end 

    C class renters are not doctors and nurses by and large are not just happy to have a home.. are not passive and easy to manage

    his whole pitch is just fantasy land to lull the beginner investors into thinking your doing some great deed.. and making money while you do it .. to find your freedom number.. its all a big bunch of sales BS .. and he is very good at it.. obviously with Hundreds defrauded.

  • Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @David Goddard:

    I wonder if Morris Invest ever considered that their investors would actually get on a plane and fly to Indiana in order to view their properties. Wrongdoing and unethical business practices can only stay hidden for so long.

     sunshine is a strong disinfectant.. and the sun has been shinned on these companies.. 

    the concept while rudimentary..  is not based in fact.. low end 

    C class renters are not doctors and nurses by and large are not just happy to have a home.. are not passive and easy to manage

    his whole pitch is just fantasy land to lull the beginner investors into thinking your doing some great deed.. and making money while you do it .. to find your freedom number.. its all a big bunch of sales BS .. and he is very good at it.. obviously with Hundreds defrauded.

    It's really disappointing when you consider that turnkey as an option for a couple who has never invested before would help alleviate quite a bit of anxiety - and still be positive cash flow each month. As our very first asset, that seemed like a good way to get started with real estate investing.

    What really bothers me is Clayton and Natali Morris both are very likable in their videos. Their down to earth approach to the way they share information makes it very easy to feel at ease about the possibility of working with them. When you see their mannerisms and perceived sincerity, you would think they would want to defend their name, integrity, and reputation. 

    Is it possible that everything that has transpired - with regards to the many investors who were defrauded - has been exclusively Oceanpointe's fault? While I haven't dug too deeply, I have read enough to see that they (OP) lost their license(s) at one point in time. I'm not sure if they are still in business or not, but it seems MI partnered with a questionable PM company from the get-go.

    I'm not necessarily defending MI in the least. Innocent or not, just the sheer amount of negativity surrounding their business has compelled my wife and me to redirect our efforts with our first asset. We may even opt to begin investing right in our own backyard. We'll see, though.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.