Rental Property Investor 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2019 路 30 posts 路 3 votes
Hello everyone! My husband and I are just starting our real estate investment journey. We are currently considering starting in the Jacksonville, FL area since we live in Los Angeles, CA we would greatly appreciate any help pointing us in the right direction!
Mainly, we would like to know if this is a good starting location, but we would also like to connect with agents, wholesalers, sellers, contractors and anyone else that could help us make the jump into the market
We have elected to BRRRR with our own cash and are excited and eager to find a great team to create mutually beneficial partnerships 馃檶馃徎
The key to investing out of state will boil down to the team you have in place. As someone who invests out of state myself, having adequate systems in place in terms of team players and experience helped mitigate some of the risk. Maybe partnering with someone in Jacksonville initially might not be a bad idea. You want to find individuals who can become your long term team members. Bets of luck!
The key to investing out of state will boil down to the team you have in place. As someone who invests out of state myself, having adequate systems in place in terms of team players and experience helped mitigate some of the risk. Maybe partnering with someone in Jacksonville initially might not be a bad idea. You want to find individuals who can become your long term team members. Bets of luck!
Rental Property Investor 路 Seattle, WA 路 Member since 2014 路 149 posts 路 58 votes
7y
@Rachel Chavez I recently bought a single family house in Jacksonville. I now want to focus on small multifamily but inventory isn't great in Jax. @Steve Kontos is 100% correct about having the right team. PM me if you want a recommendation for a property manager. Best of luck!
Rental Property Investor 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2019 路 30 posts 路 3 votes
7y
@Suzie R. Our initial game plan was to purchase small multi-family homes as well, but we were told that there鈥檚 not much of a good market for that out there :-/ it鈥檚 ok though! We are excited to cut our teeth on our first investment and we feel confident that we have the right Agent to get us there :-D
I am an investor looking to obtain properties in the Jacksonville area. I am aiming to add at least 5 single family homes to my portfolio by the end of this summer. I am looking for help with the right areas to look at as well as a great property management company. I would greatly appreciate any help
Investor 路 Padstow New South Wales, Australia 路 Member since 2015 路 38 posts 路 27 votes
7y
@Rachel Chavez
I鈥檓 a long distance investor from Australia.
I seriously considered Florida as a state to invest in, the 2 things that made me decide against it were flood insurance and roof replacements. I was informed that hotter climates needed their roofs changed every 5 years or so compared to colder climates.
@Rachel Chavez
I am a local investor in the Jacksonville area and have lived here for 30 years. If you have any questions, need advice, or just want to bounce things back in forth just shoot me a message.
Northern CO 路 Member since 2019 路 34 posts 路 5 votes
7y
Can anyone speak to the comment by Laurence K. about the roof replacements? How often? Laurence K., on average how much more was the insurance you looked at and for what type of property. SFH?
Rental Property Investor 路 Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2014 路 7 posts 路 1 vote
7y
We've been buying houses, mobile homes, lots, small apartments and mobile home parks in Jacksonville for several years. I love networking and attend 2 to 3 investor meetings each week. If I can be of any help let me know...
Investor 路 Jacksonville Beach, FL | NYC | Tamarindo Costa Rica 路 Member since 2014 路 182 posts 路 130 votes
7y
@Rachel Chavez we have some investments in Jax and have loved it, but the prices have gone up over the years and it isn't as easy to make it work unless you go lower end. Multi-families are challenging because either they are expensive or in not so great areas.
I recommend you find time to visit to see firsthand, and arrange around one of the in-person Jax REIA meetings as a way to meet people - you can attend 2 meetings as a guest for free, I believe. Also JAX REIM is on meetup and a good way to connect with local wholesalers and contractors. The guys that run that one (http://locklearpartners.com/) are also a great resource.